Thread: For seniors
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
1) 77 years old, still love hunting for and then looking at and handling my stuff. Why should I cut my love for the hobby short just because I'm getting closer to the end?
2) Over my lifetime, when I needed money I had no trouble selling stuff. When I had money, I loved to buy stuff. If I need money to age more comfortably, I will have no trouble selling stuff.
3) My heirs will have to deal with a bunch of stuff they can turn into cash fairly easily. I wish I had had that problem to deal with when I was their age. I would have jumped into that challenge with a big smile on my face. If I find the time, I will write some stuff down to make that process easier for them, but I'm not sweating it if I don't. They're smart, and will do just fine.
4) Everyone's situation is different. Live long, prosper, and happy collecting (or not!)
These are the sorts of things I would love to hear from everybody whose age qualifies them as fitting in this category. I hate to see passion and enthusiasm taper off, die, or be tossed aside just to make sure family members get even more money than they might if forced to do some selling on their own (with the aforementioned guidance provided before the person passed). This applies to anything that brings a person joy, is generally rooted in goodness and causes no harm to others.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 05-10-2023 at 09:53 AM.