View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 01:56 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I just added to my Frank Howard collection.

First card back and front of Frank Howard's final home run hit at RFK stadium and Mike Kekich was the pitcher for the Yankees that Frank hit it off of. Frank found out that a grove pitch was headed his way from Thurman Munson. And Frank obliged and offered his thanks to Thurman as he crossed the plate. This will go nicely with the ticket stubs that I have for this game.

Interesting note on Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson. It sparked a memory and I remember hearing about this interesting "swap" between players.

The other cards are Franks and the serial numbers follow his jersey numbers while playing for the Senators. #9 before Teddy Ballgame became manager of the Nats and #33 after that.

Now my secret is out. When I chase Frank Howard numbered cards, this is what I look for. I have found a nice collection of card/jersey numbers so far.

I am not so much of a fan of autograph stickers on cards myself, but the serial number pushed the purchase of these items.

Cheers,

B. T.

Edit: One thing I will add is that Panini cards are not on my list. I have one, that is good enough. I want to see Hondo in his full uniforms and not any blocked out (masked) nonsense. I simply hate when that happens. Blecch.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (78.3 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-2.jpg (77.3 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-3.jpg (75.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-4.jpg (79.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-5.jpg (78.4 KB, 213 views)

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.

Last edited by butchie_t; 02-15-2022 at 06:49 AM.