Thread: Spring Training
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Skip

Hi Brian,

We stayed at the Bay Harbor Hotel in south Tampa and I would recommend it. It's not a great hotel, but more than adequate and with easy access to the ballparks we visited. The farthest game was about 40 miles away and we allowed plenty of time to walk each venue before the games.

One of our guys had experience as he is a sportswriter and had made several trips before. Not only did he plan each day for us, he did all the driving which made it easy for the others as the traffic was something else depending on the time if day.

Set aside time to visit Clearwater Beach, too; it's beautiful there.

I'd recommend doing it like we did since we didn't have to pack up every day or two. That's why we hope to visit Arizona next year due to the proximity of ballparks.

In the future we may try to go to the east coast of Florida but I'm sure there will be some moving around.

As a side note, each venue we visited this past week was rained out yesterday (Saturday), so we just happened to hit each park at the right time.

Skip