View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Jim McKinley

Default Advice on Selling a 1953 Bowman Set...

I have been building a 1953 Bowman set for about 3 years new. Like a junkie or addict, I can't seem to get enough. I started building the set in raw. But that wasn't enough. I graduated to mid-grade PSA. That was good for a while, but then I needed more. I am now going to trying to build a top 20 registry set. Yes, I am sucker. You can lecture me later about not chasing PSA grades... although I am currently #28...

Anyway... this leads to my question. In the next couple of months I will not have one but TWO complete 1953 Bowman sets. Fun problem to have.

The first set will be my "registry set" and one that I will want to keep forever. The second set, however, I am thinking about selling (or maybe trading).

Couple of things about the second set:

- It consist of a mixture of raw and PSA graded cards
- Overall I am guessing that 50 of the 160 cards in the set will be PSAs.
- Almost all of the HOF's will be PSA and will range from PSA 4-6 (Mantle PSA 5, Musial PSA 6, Berra PSA 4, etc.)
- The common PSA's will range from 5-7
- The common raw cards will be anywhere from G - EX

Given a set like this, a couple of questions:

1) Would you sell this as a complete set or break it up?
2) Where would you sell it? (Note: I assume I would list it here first on the Net54 board first, but then where?)

Any other thoughts or things I should keep in mind?

Thank you for any help or ideas. You all are a great resource.