View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Default JimStinson

In bringing back an old thread ...Since I was the one that lined up the first private signing with Mike G. Marshall let me say this. Having completed private signings with the IMPOSSIBLE , Boxer CARLOS MONZON (in Argentina prison), NINO BENVENUTI (Rome Italy), etc etc I was deluged with requests for a signing with Mike G. Marshall which after many YEARS, yes YEARS I was able to compete , His autograph would have otherwise been unavailable ...Like it or not. But when finally it was offered I recieved late night phone calls to tell me what an idiot I was , Hate mail for charging so much. You name it I got it .....so you can't have it both ways.
On a personal level throughout the negotiations Marshall was always pleasent to talk to and a very intelligent man. I enjoyed our conversations but his level of responsibility to you and I was no different than any other athlete or celebrity. To give his 100% best when doing what you paid to watch him do. Nothing more nothing less. Its his choice to sign autographs for free , which by the way is a favor not an obligation. So the next time you watch a commercial for KFC during your favorite NFL game , stroll down there and tell them that since you have watched all of their commericials and assorted propaganda that you are entitled .......ENTITLED to a free chicken dinner , see what they tell you.