View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:35 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
An interesting story ( to me anyway ) about the 82 In Action card. When I was putting together my Topps 1982 Blackless set card 111 was listed in some checklists as a Blackless card, even though it comes from sheet D and the consensus is that all the Blackless cards come from sheets A,B or C. His regular card ( 110) and All Star card (544) do exist in Blackless

I did end up with a Fisk 111 In Action card that is missing some black. One seller calls it and similar cards with that defect from the D sheet "Blacklessing"....you can not make this stuff up. The black features on such cards are more gray than black. Maybe a case where the black ink ran low ( all of the Blackless cards can also be found in transition gray) ? If so all D cards could possibly be found with that defect. Or maybe it is just faded ( does black fade in sunlight ?)

Anyway, I picked up the "blacklessing Fisk" to put with my Blackless set because of the early hobby confusion about whether it should be in that checklist. ( It should not and as far as I know is not anymore)
Al, I was already tired this morning but that wore me out