View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
I was one of the T218 Tolstoi bidders. I have not added one in a while. 2 people can make a market, and 3 or 4 bidders can make a market explode like a small float pink sheet stock. 47/50 is great. I don't think anyone has publicly completed this set. You are the first to know it contains 50 that I know of. I'm in the high 20's still. Grinding away on a lot of sets.
We really drove up the price for a minute. I know a couple of the other active guys gave this set up. On the positive side, it flushed out more Tolstoi's into the active trading/selling market than I've been able to find before the spike we drove, which is more important. It's probably a bit easier to complete now than it was 10 years ago or 2 years ago. I don't know of anyone doing multiples or hoarding (except the Jack Johnson investors, but Johnson's Tolstoi is a superprint and not a hard card. I suspect Jeffries is too.) Did you pick up any of the cards Todd M. put on eBay? I grabbed the Abe Goodman I needed and someone else got the rest shortly after.

Shameless plug that I am happily overpaying for the 3 commons I still have left: Jack Goodman, J.L. Hartranft, and Unk Russell