View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Bill Gregory

Well, I'll select one that I have not seen mentioned. Super Bowl XXXII. The defending champion Packers were 11.5 point favorites over the Broncos.

I've tried my best to forget the game. It's still painful. It was the first of many games in which Brett Favre's mistakes just killed us. Of course, he didn't let Terrell Davis run wild. Gabe Wilkins tweaked his knee in the first quarter, but wouldn't go back in, and his replacement, Darius Holland, was a third stringer. That, coupled with Reggie White and Gilbert Brown were just too slow and banged up to do anything to slow Davis.

It's the greatest sports disappointment of my life, right up there with the '82 Brewers loss in the World Series, and the Packers going 15-1 only to lose in the playoffs two years ago. Oh, and Favre's numerous postseason chokes-the 5 pick game against the Rams, 4th and 26 against the Iggles, the loss to Vick and the Falcons at Lambeau, the pick in overtime of the 2007 NFC Championship Game at Lambeau (where he had Ryan Grant wide open in the middle of the field, which would have put them in field goal range).

Grr! LOL.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-27-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: corrected the line to 11.5