View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
This is getting a little stupid.
Some idiot is just taking a signature and attempting to paste it on old paper. It is the exact same signature. Anyone who would fall for this is a moron.
Being a new member, perhaps the OP should introduce him/herself to everyone, because pretty soon people are going to start thinking that they're the one doing it at home and then showing to us to see if we approve.
Yes, but there are plenty of morons buying such stuff. If a forgery dealer could work his way into the 'almost a moron' group of buyers by learning more from members here, I'm sure he would do so. As you say, the OP just needs to do what everyone else here does: introduce himself, understanding how this might look to us, given that his approach so far has been almost identical to what the scammers here have tried. Not saying it's quacking exactly like a duck...

It's appropriate that you mention "introducing". Once I see a person's name posted, I feel more comfortable about them. Months-years of interaction add to that. Then when I see their picture the comfort level rises a little more. And finally we meet each other, and they could probably be crooked as hell, but I'd trust them much more than someone who is brand new on the internet, invisible and anonymous. It's just the way it works.