View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Calling ticket experts! - holy grail find?

Good Afternoon (or morning to those on the West Coast).

I have come into possession of what I am hoping is an authentic ticket block from the 1932 World series from Wrigley Field.

Now a quick background on how I try to tell if something is authentic...

I assume all items are fake now unless I can prove otherwise.

Immediately upon opening the package, I smelled it. I was worried because it doesn't smell old....however it doesn't smell new either. It smells like nothing.

Now I tried not to let this effect my judgement because I have had items that smell old (as they should) come back fake and vice versa.

Next I attempted to match up all details on previous sold proof sheets (which I could not as they don't exist).

Next I went to a normal ticket and got worried because the top says TIER l BOX l SEAT. This was not consistent with my ticket.

Then I thought....... MAYBE I SHOULD COMPARE TO OTHER PROOFS??

Sure enough, that matched up as did all other details.

Next, I took the block to a friend that has been in the hobby for over 50 years and primarily deals with old paper. I figured this would get me the answer one way or another.

He looks at it... Looks some more... 15 minutes later....

He says if this is a fake it is amazing. The stock is right and consistent along with other factors he looks at such as dye etc.

The ONLY thing that worries him is this look is MINT.

Now I am asking for more eyeballs.

Maybe we can come to a conclusion? I will be happy to answer any and all questions. I am setting up for a show all day, but will check back periodically.

I hope that my hard work paid off.