View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 PM

I also have an Ali story, actually two part, but only part of it pertains to this thread. Many, many years ago at a Tri-Star show in Houston I was set up, and Ali among all of the biggest names in all genre's of sports was signing. First part of the story I walk into the restroom and could not figure out why it was so quiet(this was pre 2000 and the show was packed), I look next to me and I am side by side with Ali. I walk out and his security detail are freaked out how I am in the room when it was supposed to be closed and Ali only. It had a double entrance and I happened to come it at the exact time they shut it down. So long story short I pee'd next to Muhammad Ali. Now for the real point of this post, there were probably 5-6 HOFers from various sports signing on the main stage all at one time, Bobby announced that Muhammad Ali would be taking the stage to sign, you could have heard a pin drop and the most impressive show of respect occured, Joe Namath who was signing, abruptly stopped his signing, stood up and led the crown in a standing ovation for Ali.

Last edited by sb1; 06-16-2015 at 06:03 PM.