View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Peter Spaeth

JC, you really should quit while you are behind.

"Us" is the board, obviously. I was referring to your post where you confidently pronounced that the grade was "very accurate."

And you must be a better man than I am, because I could never make that determination -- recall cards have a back too -- in 5 seconds. Especially about an expensive vintage card. Sure, I would know whether I liked it, but that wasn't the question. Nice attempted deflection though.

And I am not hijacking the thread at all. The thread is about 1925 Exhibit Gehrigs. We are discussing one. Indeed, you first raised the topic of the one in LOTG. Now that it is live, I posted because I was struck by the (apparent) contrast between it and others I have seen, and was interested in what people had to say. As you said you had seen the card, I asked you a perfectly reasonable question, and you begged off.

Feel free to respond with more remarks like the one about Lassie though. Very impressive.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.