View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 02:49 PM

I wanted to bump one of these 94 Collector's Choice threads, so hopefully we are good with this one, as it has the most pictures already. I personally collect this set, and I have the full base set which I only "upgrade" to silver and gold. However, I do "super collect" the variation potential cards.

So I can give to you what cards I have. And I am open to the possibility that all cards in these subsets come in each variation.

Up Close and Personal (631-640, 10 cards)
Base (black bar on bottom front)
- 631-640
Silver Signature (signature, silver bar on bottom front)
Silver Signature stamping error (signature, black bar on bottom front)
Silver Signature printing error (no signature, white bar on bottom front)
- 631,633,634,636-640

It is my guess that the silver cards are supposed to have the silver bar, and the black bar silver signature is an error. And that the base cards with the white bar are actually the silver signature cards missing the stamped signature and the silver printing. I do not have any gold signatures for this subset.

Future Foundation (641-650, 10 cards)
Base (white letters front and back, white capital letter back)
Base back error (white letters front and back, gray capital letter back)
Silver Signature (silver letters front and back, silver capital letter back, silver signature)
Silver Signature base error (white letters front and back, gray capital letter back, silver signature)

I don't have any gold signatures for this subset either.

So in summary, the base Up Close in Personal should have black bar on base, silver on silver and (presumably) gold on gold. There exist silver versions that did not get stamped or fully printed, and base versions that got the silver signature.

The base Future Foundations should be white text for base, silver for silver and (presumably) gold for gold. There exists base cards with gray letter on back (but still the correct white name, team and pos). For silver signature at least one of these base errors got stamped for silver signature.