Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Rob Miller

Barry Bonds - YES
Mark Mcgwire - NO
Rafael Palmeiro - MAYBE
Jose Canseco - NO
Sammy Sosa (the black one, not the new white one) - MAYBE
Roid-Rod - YES

I think Bonds and A-Rod are still 1st ballot HOFers because their accomplishments IMO trump the fact that they are implicated in that scandal. Unless the voters are totally against any player implicated getting in, those 2 guys are sure to be HOFers.

Sosa and Palmeiro are tougher for me to decide. Palmeiro lied under oath, not sure how much that will hurt him. Are the numbers there? Sure, but I think he will have a tough time getting in. It is a shame because I grew up watching him destroy my Yanks, and he was one of the best pure hitters I ever seen. Sosa is another clown, not only was he implicated in the steroid scandal, he also was found with a corked bat! Then he all of the sudden forgets how to speak English in front of congress.

Canseco is a definite no...is he even on the ballot anymore? He just didn't have HOF type numbers when it was all said and done, plus he was seemingly the biggest roider of all time.

McGwire will probably not get in either. Besides being implicated in the steroid scandal, he was kind of a one dimensional player. Also the percentage of votes he has been receiving don't indicate he will get in.

Rob