View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Jason Stricker

I've recently opened two 84 wax boxes, a handful of loose wax packs and two cello boxes. I got a ton of HOF's and several of the key cards, except only one Mattingly out of all of that - and it was in a wax pack with wax covering 1/3 of the back. It probably would've made more financial sense to buy a PSA 10 Mattingly and call it a day.

I opened a cello box of 82 and didn't get a single Ripken.

I opened a wax box of 83 and got several Sandbergs, Gwynns and one Boggs - and it had a gum stain.

I pulled several Bonds from a 1987 Topps wax box. Also opened 1989 Topps and Bowman boxes recently - got 3-4 Bowman Griffey Jrs.

I have (3) 1988 Donruss cello boxes, (2) 1991 Leaf and (2) 1991 Upper Deck boxes coming my way. Not sure why I bought any of the ones still in the mail - stupid impulse buys and figuring I'd be outbid. *sigh* At least it'll be several days of mindless entertainment - until the wife wants to use the dining room table again.

Now I've been faced with boxes upon boxes of common loose cards - the leftovers from the box breaks. So far, I've been donating them for a small tax write off. Seems nobody wants them for set collecting. If anyone wants a box of 82 and 83 commons, let me know before I donate them or throw them out (last night I put about half a wax box worth of 84 Topps commons in the recycle bin as I had no box or space - and no desire - for them).