View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Craig Diamond

Default New Addition to the T3 Turkey Red Master Set

While I realize that very few T3 collectors seek to complete a master set of all front and back variations, for those who keep track of such minutiae I have come across a gem.

For many years I've noted that the #90 card of Doolan, would be found spelled Dool"an" with a checklist back, and then the variation spelled Dool"in" with the Turkey Red advertising back. (similar to corrections with the Paskert and Tenney variation cards). In addition, the Dool"in" has always been essentially the most difficult of the variations to locate.

For well over 10 years I have looked closely at every single Doolan/Doolin T3 I could find (and that's been plenty!) and never saw that pattern deviate. So imagine my surprise when I found a Dool"an" with a Turkey Red advertising back. Very pleased to now own it.

I'm left to theorize whether this card was made before the Dool"in" correction, or after. My guess is before.

Thanks for your indulgence. The T3 Master Set of fronts and backs will now be noted as complete at 251.

As an aside, please visit my T3 Turkey Red website (www.t3turkeyred.com) when you have a chance as I've recently added a few pages and made several updates. I think it's much improved and certainly needed the updates.

Happy Collecting,
Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DoolanTRF.jpg (78.5 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg DoolanTRB.jpg (77.9 KB, 323 views)