View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
FredYoung

Default Ritm---

Quote:
The site has been featured nationally and was even included in a recent book about the longest game in professional baseball history. The biggest honor of all was having Cal to personally participate in multiple interviews to help share his recollections about his minor league days.

Welcome aboard!

In your quote above I assume you are referring to Dan Barry's "Bottom of the 33rd" and I notice you devote a nice section of your website to the "Longest Game".

Living not too far away from Pawtucket & McCoy Stadium, I'm a big fan of the Pawsox and wanted to post a couple of items you might have interest in seeing.

I attended the end of the Longest Game w/ my then BILaw, who was a reporter w/ the Providence Journal. I have my ProJo Press Pass signed by the Team owner Ben Mondor (since deceased), winning pitcher Bobby Ojeda, Dave Koza (winning RBI), Marty Barrett (scored winning run) & the 2 HOFer's who played in that game, Cal & Wade Boggs.

Also have the book signed by Dan Barry (who before going to the NY Times was on staff @ Providence Journal.)

(I'll bet you even know Bill Haelig, Cal's #1 Fan, who was instrumental in getting Cal to sign my Press Pass!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33inningc.jpg (36.1 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg 33inninge.jpg (36.7 KB, 280 views)