View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Alan Elefson

Default BF uncatalogued red felts

Hi-
I recently acquired the Chief Meyers red felt scanned below and I had a couple of questions regarding it and the "set" it belongs to.
1. How many players are in this "set"? I know of the Meyers, as well as Leon's McBride. When I searched the forum, it appears that other known ones are Cobb, Lajoie, Matthewson, and a blue Ainsmith. Any more?
2. I ran a search and I found a thread from 2006 in which the Cobb was discussed (the image is long gone). Does anyone still have a scan of the Cobb? Or, please post any others you might have. I am most interested in seeing the blue Ainsmith as that might eliminate the notion that these were cut down from a larger piece (unless the larger piece had both blue and red on it).
3. Any further ideas on what these are?
4. For those that have one of these (or multiples) what are the dimensions? The Meyers is approximately 3.75 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide.
5. Please post any that you have or have seen. I am curious about the population of these pieces. The Meyers I recently obtained is not the first one I remember seeing but my memory could be cloudy. The Meyers had been sitting in a dealer's display case at Wilmington for at least a couple of years (most likely because it was priced too high. I got it at a substantial discount)
6. Frank (FKW) thinks that the felts are from 1912. Any other thoughts pertaining to the year of issuance? Or, the manner of issuance? Or their purpose?
6. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June 7, 2009 (2).jpg (19.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg June 7, 2009 (3).jpg (14.5 KB, 226 views)