View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 AM
C@rl P@rk

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the kind words. I've been working on the Fisk Basic (overall set) for around three or four years now, and was able to finish the Topps part of it last week. Still have a ways to go on the rest, since I am looking to get all the remaining cards in PSA 10. Like Andrew, I have multiples of all of these cards in less pristine shape - but many of those have strong sentimental value. When I picked Fisk as my favorite player as a kid, my grandfather used to scour the flea markets and buy me every Fisk card and item he could, and bring them to me when they visited. So those cards are part of my "official" Fisk binder and have enormous sentimental value. I decided to do the high grade basic version as a way to keep my Fisk collection going (too hard to keep up with the modern issues) and think of collecting these cards with my grandfather.

Al, I still haven't tracked down the 1974 Deckle for my PC. I lost out on a PSA 8 at auction a few years ago, so it continues to elude me. Whenever I look for it on eBay, it's never there, or was recently sold. I wish I had looked after he got busted sleeping off a drunken night in the cornfield.... That's probably the biggest hole in my collection. I'll have to keep an eye out for that '81 Coke proof - I'm sure you'll get to it before me.

Jason, that '82 in action card is the best! And super expensive when graded! I think I'll just stick to the one my grandfather got me - it's NM and looks great in the binder. (for now - haha)

And my favorite is probably the 1974 - that horizontal shot with Fisk in the center, ready to make a play, the crowd in the background - it looks like a still from a movie. But I also love the '77, '91 and '75 cards.

Thanks again for all of the comments. It was fun to line 'em all up like that and share.

Last edited by KingFisk; 04-09-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: for clarity