View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a bit more info

A kind board member sent me an email and summation of his thoughts on the subject. Since it seems like it makes some sense I will post it here.... And to answer Jeff's question above, I don't know why folks don't just say what they are doing. It makes it so much easier and better. Then folks won't think they are trying to hide something. This board does a great job with this stuff, I must say. So, without further ado....here is a potential synopsis from a board member. I am keeping him out of it though he said I could use his name.....not sure I need to, it's just his thought on how this venture could have gone down-

Hi Leon,

I did some quick research that you might find of interest. Joe Quagliano and Lloyd Glavocich were the President and Vice-President of Grade Tech Services Inc (as Peter Spaeth discovered from the archives). I googled the old P.O. Box for Grade Tech Services, and a company called “MintPros”. www.mintpros.com/profile.html. Joe Quagliano is the President and Lloyd Glavocich is the VP of Operations. It appears to be a company that works with Yankee players to organize autograph signings for organizations. Lloyd also owns a web design business http://weblaunchseo.com/?page_id=2 and is the general manager for a deli http://sarconesdeli.com/?page_id=2.

I figure what probably happened was Lloyd recently got back into the sports business with his old friend (Joe Quagliano). I would imagine one of the individuals still had all the specialized grading equipment and photography equipment taking up room in their basement. Since they both seem to be entrepreneurs they figured enough time had passed from their failed card-grading days, that they would take another stab at utilizing some expensive equipment and get back into the card industry.

I would imagine the venture won’t take off since the one website that would be the majority of their target audience laughed them off the forum. I was going to post this on the board, but figured it might create some more negative dialog. Perhaps you already know most of this information. I just figured I would forward it to you since they approached you about getting free exposure on your website.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Leon; 11-13-2010 at 08:08 AM.