Thread: Mantle Reality
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:26 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

I did not see Mantle play. I’ve told this story before but I grew up with my grandparents. They were born in the twenty’s. My grandmother live Babe Ruth and the Yankees. She also liked Joe DiMaggio mainly because she thought he was dreamy lol. My grandfather liked The Brooklyn Dodgers and hated baseball after they moved. He loved Duke snider and Roy Campanella. He went to a lot of different games. He said that Mays was the best he ever seen and that snider and Mantle were also great. But there was something different about the way Mays played. My Grandmother said Mays was great but she preferred Babe Ruth.

I’m a Yankees fan.
My only want for Mantle cards was only grown from Beckett price guide.I would dream about owning the 52 ! The Griffey and Mantle upperdeck auto! Etc. I would just look at the highest price cards and want them. So most of the time it was a Mantle card. I have a few nice Mays card because of my grandfather talking about him as the greatest And my own research. But if you asked me when I was 10. I would have asked for the mantles !!!