View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
On one hand I can see what you're saying, in that nothing will ultimately be done by Ebay or Rick to put a stop to this.

However, one way that these types of posts could possibly help is by educating the consumer so he or she can make the choice on their own to put an end to it by not bidding on Rick's auctions, or on a broader scale, not bidding on Ebay auctions in general.

Avoiding Ebay altogether is the better solution, imo, since I put the majority of the blame for shill bidding on the shill bidders themselves and Ebay for creating an environment where it can run rampant. I don't put much of the blame, if any, for shill bidding on Probstein or PWCC, as I trust that they do not shill their own auctions.

So while the seller may not have the tools to monitor 1000s of auctions, and while Ebay could give a shit since more bids means more money to their bottom line, these threads can educate consumers to avoid blatant shill bidding.

For the record, I will still occasionally bid on an Ebay auction, as I am addicted to the hobby and it's a necessary evil at times. Still, they've lost A LOT of my business over the years.
Chuck- I hear you. But again going back to my earlier post, avoiding these auctions where there is particular concern has not worked, definitely not worked. People keep coming to the trough to drink as far as these auctions go. My biggest frustration is that if nothing can in fact be done, why in the hell keep harping on it?? Why do we insist on coming back for more and more punishment??

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.