Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 12:14 AM

Chris, you are most welcome, my friend. I am just so happy for you and your wife, and glad to hear everyone's A-OK!. I am so pleased your fantasy 1954 Wilson Franks cards arrived at your home the day you brought your wife and son home!

Just being picky, but is that spot on Jack's forehead in the pinkish-lavender background version just a dust fleck, or did I somehow miss that? Please let me know because I want you to have a "good" one.

Thanks for the compliment, Zach, I worked long and hard with two computer graphic artists on those cards! I am very pleased with how they turned out. Funny, sort of, but I designed them with the precise same borders as the original Wilsons. During the cutting process, the sheets "traveled" just a tsch, but it was a tsch too much, creating the same off-center problem as on the original 1954 Wilson Franks. I had specially-chosen semi-gloss card stock, to replicate the original sheen. When the printing was done, there were no more sheets to do any more to try to get more centered cards!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I shan't translate, because Leon Luckey would heartily disapprove of my language, which I try not to use those words anyway, but oh was I irritated.)

----Brian Powell