Thread: JSA or PSA?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Al

Whats funny (or good) is that before I joined these boards i always thought that PSA was king and that JSA was a close second. Now it seems like SGC is rounding third. But after joining this site and reading (and learning) from the knowledge here. im starting to see that TPA are no longer the absolute final authority on whether an autograph is authentic or not. Im starting to myself, get rid of all TPA (i mostly have PSA) from my collection. its a slippery slope, because for resale no matter what people think, PSA is going to make you more money than unauthenticated cards. when i sold two exact cards, the one psa got way more than the unauthenticated one. the un authenticated one barely got the .99 cent starting bid. what i noticed in my last few auctions is now even psa is barely getting sold for what i paid to get it authenticated. then a member here talked some sense into me and told me that what happens if psa goes belly up? then i lose all the hundreds and hundreds of dollars i spent in authentication fees because they will all be worthless if psa goes belly up (very good point by the way) to be honest i trust the opinions of members here more than i trust psa, jsa or sgc. i think to answer your question, for players like snider and killebrew, their autos are so common and all over ebay that i personally wouldnt worry about if they are authenticated as long as you can tell they look authentic to you. i think for common guys i wont buy tpas any more, as there is no need to get a tpa to tell you that bobby doer or bob feller is authentic or that nolan ryan or jim palmer is authentic. i would however still use psa if i was buying a high end auto such as babe ruth, lou gehrig, ty cobb, jackie robinson, etc. are there any members here that would not use a tpa for high end autos liek ruth or clemente? hope this helps some.