View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Clayton

Great answers so far.I've came to the realization that one day all of the modern day cards will become vintage cards-and it made me wonder about what cards,if any,would collectors seek out.

drc-it's interesting that you pointed out the Topps Desert Storm cards.Awhile back I ran into a seller who had around 20 wax packs of these,and I wasn't familiar with them.I bought them,and opened one of the packs.They were interesting,but not too "exciting" for me.I tucked them away,and pretty much forgot about them,until I read your post.Do you feel they will become sought after for the historical war theme,or more because they are a "non-sport" card issued by Topps?

What do you all think about the "roiders" cards?Right now,people are disgusted with them-but back in the day,people were probably disgusted with the players involved in the Black Sox scandal.Because of the scandal,adults and kids probably lost major interest in those players cards (I'm guessing).Now,those same players cards are well sought after.

So,do you think one day the cards of the "roiders" will be desired?

Thanks for participating!!

Sincerely,Clayton