View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 AM
Grant Rainsley

Default Scammers

The most frequent ones we get in Canada are heavy Chinese accents, "calling from Windows" to tell us we have a huge computer problem. I usually express my grave concern and say something like "can you hold a moment, I think I'll need a coffee to get through this?" They always say yes, I put the phone down and don't come back. If he is tied up, that's longer until his next annoying scam attempt. Or else I just tell them we recently had our windows cleaned and hang up. They keep trying though.....

We also get calls from various collection agencies, trying to track down the people who must have had our phone number previous to us....we have had it nine years now. Guess they were serious paper-hangers. They are clever with their attempts though, I give them that. We always try to make them commit to telling us what they know first, and give them nothing in return other than to tell them they won't find those people here. Last time they pretended to be the phone company, calling about an issue with our email. I guess they get lied to so much they just don't accept the truth, or recognize it when they hear it.
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com