View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Steve Birmingham

It only works with the fake Microsoft people, the card services people must really be in a sweatshop since they hang up pretty fast.

I used to get some really good ones in the early 90's
One person called selling siding, except I lived in brick apartment building. She was so pushy I finally went along and asked questions and went to set up the appointment for my free estimate. After giving the address she wanted some extra info to help identify the house. When I told her they couldn't miss it since it was a 3 story brick apartment building she got really upset and wanted to know why I'd strung her along like I did. I told her I'd tried a few times to tell her at the beginning and that I eventually figured since she wouldn't listen I'd just wait till the end. They never called back, and I never did get that free estimate.

The frozen meat sales people who kept asking for my wife - I was single, and even now a steak salesperson would have better luck with me - finally got the "teary almost crying" "No, she cant come to the phone, she died a month ago" Another one that never called back.

Steve B