View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Default WSSCA Fall Show is not to be missed

Just got back from a brief visit to the fall WSSCA show. Due to a family member's health, my stay was brief but long enough to see that this show is not to be missed if you are near the Seattle area.

I was there long enough to pick up an order as well as some nice postcards from Mark Macrae:

(1) Opening game (5/5/1913) of a New England League game showing a grandstand and bleachers view of Bayside Park, Portland, Maine. Though I lived in Portland for two years (1957-58) and spent most of my first 19 years in the Greater Portland area, I do not know the location of this park though I'm hoping the relative proximity of church steeples (to one another) in the distance may help me pinpoint its location one day. (See scan)

(2) A cool pre-Wrigley Field view of the Chicago Cubs ballpark and

(3) A Wrigley Field postcard when it was under Federal League ownership. The card's reverse only identifies it as "Federal League Park, Chicago" stating "The 'Feds' Park is located on the North Side at Clark and Addison Streets..." (No mention of it being Weeghman Park.)

I've been enjoying reading (and rereading some) of the bio's from The Deadball Era Stars books and, naturally, these cards caught my eye.

To repeat: the Washington State Sports Collectors Association show (runs today and tomorrow) is not to be missed if you are in or near the area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img001.jpg (32.8 KB, 179 views)