NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Sean Brennan

Default paypal question

so I have been dealing with this grapher in California for a while now having him get some cards signed for me. Ive probably spent about $500 in graphing costs. these are cards that involve getting multiple people on so when he has gotten some signed Ive paid and had him hold on to them in order to get the others. This guy is really slow at responding and sometimes doesnt reply at all (to texts, phone calls, etc).
Ive been asking him to mail some of my stuff back for about six weeks now. After about 4 weeks he told me he mailed the stuff to me (april 3) from California in what should be about a 14 by 8 box. The box still hasnt arrived and since last Thursday i have been contacting him about tracking and getting no response. Though it might still be possible that the box is coming i am beginning to assume it isnt. He has only mailed one package to me in the past and it literally took a month of hounding to get him to do that.
Anyways, I noticed that paypal has a 180 day resolution center that means most of my transactions are still within that time. I paid him as a transaction and listed on it what it was I was buying. Question: Since this wasnt a ebay transaction, what are the odds paypal will refund me my money?
I know this is kind of a unique situation but was hoping maybe someone might have had a similar experience?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default paypal question

Mail has been ridiculously slow lately with weather. But your time frame makes me worried.

I guess my biggest question is why you dealt with him again? There are some great forums that have their own feedback system like Blowout. That is way safer and you leave feedback like eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 04-13-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Ronald Goldberg

Sean, did you use a credit card for the Paypal transaction?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Sean Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Mail has been ridiculously slow lately with weather. But your time frame makes me worried.

I guess my biggest question is why you dealt with him again? There are some great forums that have their own feedback system like Blowout. That is way safer and you leave feedback like eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Brent
Well the timeline was likethis:
-august - jan - paid for quite a few signed cards. We talk on the phone quite a bit but he is slow at responding but he does send nice pics of the signed cards and they are real. I have him hold thecards hoping he can get others on the cards signed
-around january I asked him to send me some of the non signed cards back. took him about a month to do it.
-early Marchish I start asking him to send some of the signed cards back. Remembering how slow he was before I make sure to message him at least every other day. I send him $15 on March 23 to expedite the shipping. On April 3 he says he sent them and they should be there april 6. I talk to him on the phone april 6 but dont ask him about tracking (my dumb fault). By april 9 I start getting worried. I noticed that my wife got a package April 10 that was sent from Oregon on april 2 (a smaller package) and so I then realize how slow the mail is. I figure it should be here by today. It doesnt arrive and he has not responded back to my calls or texts regarding tracking. I guess its still possible its in transit. It seems fishy that the guy hasnt gotten back to me about tracking but then if he wanted to rip me off he could have been ignoring me for the past three months.

Thaks for the headsup on blowout. Does that site have graphers on it? Im on sportsforum but there is very few california non sport graphers. i was having good luck on a facebook page with graphers unti this happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
Sean, did you use a credit card for the Paypal transaction?
I have my visa debit linked to my paypal. However I had money in my paypal accound and it came out of there.

Last edited by milkit1; 04-13-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Jeff P0tter

Hi Sean, FWIW I had a situation where a seller never sent a very expensive item that I paid for with paypal (not through eBay). After he fell off the face of the earth and didn't deliver, I opened a claim and received my money back after a short waiting period. It was pretty painless of a process actually. The only issue I can see is I remember there being a clause regarding paypal buyer protection about multiple payments for an item are not able to be disputed. Not sure if they would consider this a multiple payment for the same items situation or not. Hope that helps.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:06 PM
And.rew C0rs0

What is a grapher?

The morning after the Super Bowl I was in the Phoenix airport watching a group of sports papparazzi racing around with memorabilia to have athletes sign. It was clear they had a spotter or someone who knew the flight and gate info of every athlete, brought with them a load of memorabilia, were under a lot of pressure to get these autographs, and, it seemed, were miserable doing what they did. Are they graphers? If so I would not have trusted them for anything.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Sean Brennan

Andrew that might be an extreme example. so far i have had great luck with graphers.

Hi Jeff
yeah its about three purchases. Hoefully it wont come to that but we shall see

Last edited by milkit1; 04-13-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Ronald Goldberg

Buyers would be better protected using a credit card for all transactions instead of Paypal cash balances. When you use a credit card, you have the ability to dispute the charge if you file a case with Paypal and it is denied. The credit card companies will typically provide greater protection for buyers than Paypal can.

I never use my Paypal balance for baseball card purchases. Besides the extra protection, my credit cards all give cashback bonues. The only time I will use my cash balance is for Paypal gifts.

Although your situation does not involve eBay, you should be able to dispute the transactions within the rules stated in your Paypal user agreement.

Unfortunately, you won't have a credit card company to fall back on.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Sean Brennan

Hi Ronald

That is a good idea. I will def. do that for future purchases
Old 04-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc2q View Post
What is a grapher?

The morning after the Super Bowl I was in the Phoenix airport watching a group of sports papparazzi racing around with memorabilia to have athletes sign. It was clear they had a spotter or someone who knew the flight and gate info of every athlete, brought with them a load of memorabilia, were under a lot of pressure to get these autographs, and, it seemed, were miserable doing what they did. Are they graphers? If so I would not have trusted them for anything.
I guess grapher is an autograph through the mail (TTM) seeker. I think paypal has their own protection so the OP would be covered if nothing was received. Certainly it's all outlined in their rules. Good luck...
Old 04-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Jim K@ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
Buyers would be better protected using a credit card for all transactions instead of Paypal cash balances. When you use a credit card, you have the ability to dispute the charge if you file a case with Paypal and it is denied. The credit card companies will typically provide greater protection for buyers than Paypal can.

I never use my Paypal balance for baseball card purchases. Besides the extra protection, my credit cards all give cashback bonues. The only time I will use my cash balance is for Paypal gifts.

Although your situation does not involve eBay, you should be able to dispute the transactions within the rules stated in your Paypal user agreement.

Unfortunately, you won't have a credit card company to fall back on.

You can dispute a charge whether it is your credit card or debit card. Guidelines for both are 60 days from the first bill it appears on. I think paypal gives you a longer timeline than that.

sorry - just saw you used your paypal balance instead of debit card

Last edited by Ksquared; 04-17-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: edit
Old 04-17-2015, 07:25 PM
Kev1n @1les

I had a very similar circumstance last month. Lots of conversation, then the payment is made, then radio silent. He sent a refund, I receive the cards the same day. I sent him another payment. The refund was then put through on two different occasions and he had insufficient funds. He was once again quiet.

I had paid by Visa linked to my paypal account. I tried to use friends and family, but for some reason, it would not do an instant transfer. As a result, it sent the amount (995) and charged me $28.37 for the transaction. I was bummed that I had to pay the extra $28.37.

When it became clear that the refund wasn't going through, I filed a claim with Paypal. I also filed a claim with Wells - letting them know that I filed a claim with Paypal. In the resolution form, I cited the transaction id's of the double payment and the refused refund. It took 5 days, but I received immediate credit. I think they reached out to the seller and somehow got a response and the payment sent back. They also refunded the $28.37 paypal charge.

Walls issued $4.48 cents as a refund immediately as they said that I was not liable for a balance during the dispute and they would have a response in 60 days. I had paid for it immediatley, so I never incurred interest charges - so it was a gift from Wells. They told me that it appeared that my case was open and shut. They would work with Paypal and be sure that I am refunded. If I did not get satisfaction from Paypal, they would refund it and then work on getting credited back from Paypal. I probably didn't need to contact them at the same time, but I was just going fro double the protection.

The refund came back to my Visa. Since it had a zero balance, it came back as a credit. I was quick to buy a few cards to spend it down - lest it be used for clothes, shoes, and other non-essentials (with my cards being the essential).

I learned a really good lesson. I don't use Paypal F&F unless it is someone who I trust on this board. There are some rotten people out there. Had I not been charged the fee by Paypal, I was probably out of luck - and that was what I tried to do.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 04-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Sean Brennan

wow! well thanks for the tips on this. Im going to get to filing