NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2016, 08:52 PM

Default New Website: t206insider.com

Hi All,

Leon was kind enough to let me plug my new website here.

Some of you know me, some not.

I am a T206 collector and researcher. I have been a Net54 contributor since 2006--although my peak posting occurred between 2006 and 2010. Most of the “old school” Net54 T206 contributors know me.

Personally, I am about 100 shy of 524. But I have surveyed well over 100K T206 cards. (I revised this number down since the same card can appear many times in my dataset).

In 2006, I published an e-book called Inside T206 that made a bit of a splash. Inside T206 obliterated some long standing T206 myths. It revealed the existence of super prints, among other discoveries. It is (and since 2006 has been) available for download from the Old Cardboard website free of charge. It was also published in Sports Collectors Digest as a four-part series.

Today, I am launching a website called T206 Insider.

The URL is << t206insider.com >>

T206 Insider is a research portal, universal set registry and marketplace. It helps T206 collectors by providing custom tools that yield actionable intelligence.

Here are some of the unique features the site offers:

Dynamic Checklists. T206 Insider Dynamic Checklists are custom checklists that you devise to carry out your personal T206 collecting strategies. Using the site’s widgets, you can filter and sort based on criteria of interest to you such as subject name, team, print group, Hall of Fame status, scarcity rank (computed using a proprietary ranking methodology) and price multiplier. By combining different filters and sorting criteria, you can create a virtually limitless number of checklists that can provide you with fresh insights and help you meet your personal collecting goals.

Price Check. Want to know how much a T206 card with a particular back in a particular grade assigned by a particular grading company is worth? T206 Insider Price Check provides price estimates based on a few inputs into a custom price check form.

Exclusive Research. The T206 Insider Research section provides cutting edge research on the T206 set. For starters, I have posted an original article on the relative scarcity of the 524 subjects in the set.

Universal Registry (Registration Required). The T206 Insider Universal Registry allows you to register your T206 collection by providing inputs into a custom registry form and see how it stacks-up against others on various counts—regardless of whether your cards are professionally graded or which service graded them. At last, you can participate in a registry without being captive to a grading service!

Marketplace (Registration Required). The T206 Insider Marketplace provides a one-stop shop for T206 cards. Unlike other sales outlets for T206 cards, the T206 Insider Marketplace is designed exclusively for T206. From the seller's perspective, the custom listing form allows you to list your cards for sale without any manual data entry. You then monitor your listings from your password-protected seller dashboard and receive email notifications from prospective buyers. It couldn't be easier. From the buyer's perspective, the filterable and sortable listings in the Marketplace make finding cards of interest to you a breeze. And best of all, there are no final value fees or buyer premiums!

I hope you enjoy this exciting new T206 community. You can join today by following the Register - Login link at the top of the home page and completing the registration form. Membership is free for now, although a small to-be-determined annual membership fee will be charged starting in January 2017 (to use the Registry and Marketplace -- other features will remain free).

Happy collecting!

Scot Reader

EDITED TO ADD: And please forgive the bugs on the site. I know there will be some!

Last edited by sreader3; 09-15-2016 at 04:08 AM.