NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Default Robert Edward Auctins just signed up to be able to bid!!

Looks way better than 95% of what Ebay has to offer at better prices!!

Thanks for the people who sent me the link...appreciate the help!!!

Last edited by Zone91; 04-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
Top shelf items...top shelf prices..usually they jump way up during extended bidding.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Matt Hall

Default "Just signed up..."

Uh-oh...
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Matt Hall

BTW, the whales haven't even gotten their catalogs yet, so it's way too early to comment on prices.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM

Now if you pay for my bidding advice and appraisal services, you're home free.

Just be warned, I grew up in Wisconsin and will probably have you bidding on Cecil Cooper and Gorman Thomas lots.

"In good conscience, I can't allow you to bit on a Yankees card."

Last edited by drc; 04-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Tom Boblitt

Chao.....party of 1.....
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Top shelf items...top shelf prices..usually they jump way up during extended bidding.
Do not pay attention to the pre-auction REA estimates. Double them and then you are starting to get in the ballpark. This two month window we are in is Christmas for Pre-War collectors.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
top shelf prices..usually they jump way up during extended bidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Do not pay attention to the pre-auction REA estimates. Double them and then you are starting to get in the ballpark..
It would do you good to research the past years auctions and look at reserves/estimates on the lots and what they actually sold for.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Joe M.

Quote:

Thanks for the people who sent me the link...appreciate the help!!!
Like everone else has probably already posted. Do not get excited about the starting bids, they will go real high.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

jcmtiger

I understand I have bid on some very rare coins in the past at auctions and I realize starting prices mean nothing in the end. Win some lose some at least we get another day to put up a fight.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Daryl

Quote:
...Yes I am having a lot of fun I quite collecting coins (To many bad people and to many other bad things in that hobby)...
I'm glad there's no bad people nor bad things in this hobby! Whew!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

There are as you well know but there seems to a balance of good people and bad people as for coin collectors they are mostly bad/nasty people. Grumpy old men mostly collect coins.

Last edited by Zone91; 04-17-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
tonyo

People who collect expensive cards show those cards off that does not make them a SHOW OFF you could not figure that out on your own really...that is from the book on life?

You are making me feel smarter by the minute continue writing what you write....now that's me been a SHOW OFF....hahahaha!!!

I post the prices because ANYONE can find them I simply save them time..any good writer puts references for what the write about...did you not know that!!!
ummm....I didn't call you a show off, simply asked you to make up your mind.

And also made a wish for humility. I love to see the cards in folks collections - I don't really care how much they cost others - I just like to look at cards. I'll check the book on life to see if it is possible to look at cards without knowing what they cost.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

tonyo

Lolllll!! Have a nice evening sir!!

Last edited by Zone91; 04-17-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Nevermind, not worth it.

Last edited by ngrow9; 04-18-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

ngrow9

Hahaha nice try to make me feel bad try again wit a better come back at least!!!!

Last edited by Zone91; 04-17-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrow9 View Post
So just to make sure I'm following all of this correctly, you dropped $4,000+ on a Harry Wright Old Judge that is so faded I wouldn't pay $20 for it, when you didn't even know who he was a couple days ago, on the basis it is a PSA 5, but then claim to have bought the Mantle on the basis of the card not the grade? And you dropped $2,500 on a E90 you weren't even aware of a few days ago, when you aren't even sure if it is a variation or not?
Who cares what you would buy no offense. He’s the one who bought them and he’s happy. I would bet the seller is too. So in then end your opinion on the subject doesn’t affect or even register with the two parties involved.

To all on prices while I agree that you can buy collectibles smart and within certain ranges in terms of price, if you educate yourself a bit and exercise a bit of patience. However with that said at the end of the day the bulk of this is worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. These are not things with firm regulated fixed prices.

Win some you lose some that’s the name of the collecting game. Adrian is stoked he found this hobby he’s doing his buying sprint let him enjoy it and be happy he has the interest to be so excited about a hobby we all have money tied too.

Now I do agree Adrian can post them in the pickups with the rest of jackwagons.

Sure the occasional look what I did thread is cool but lots of them can rub folks the wrong way etc. but in the end C'est la vie.

Cheers,

John
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Adrian - Do try to come to the National and the Net54 dinner this year. It's always nice to meet a new collector.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Ja,mie B.

First of all, let's not get all sacrosanct about the cards and prices here. We live in a free market, I think everyone is aware of price and is unafraid to discuss what things are worth. Now, whether we would choose to do that with folks outside the collecting community, it could be distasteful without being asked. I've debated whether to tell people even when asked, but inside the hobby is a different story. Everyone here is spending cash on cards - let's face it.

Adrian, did he overpay? It is a matter of opinion, really. Probably, yes. But not dramatically, and he generally bought classic cards. PSA 5 Wright, it last sold for $3850, there were two other people out there willing to pay in that range, he is not alone then. If PSA set registry guys start to jump all over the set, the price could explode, they don't care if the image is faded or whatever. Anything is possible.

Yeah, Adrian has been impulsive, but he has got the cash to burn. When I had cash, I tore through it, I was even worse than Adrian, I mean, I bought two blockbuster cards in the span of three months. Granted, I purchased them at auction, it's a little different (or a lot different), but the point being that it's easy to burn through money when you've got it.

I also smoked through $5750 buying a Whitney with Dog card. Hall of Famer? No. Rare pose? Nyet. But I love the card, so who's to really say? Adrian obviously didn't want to follow my advice and wait for the auctions, it's his prerogative. Doesn't sound like he did too badly on the Mick, that must be a hot card right now if he's gotten two offers already.

Point being, he's one of us. He's a collector, he's got his ways, there are maybe more savvy collectors out there, but we've all seen worse, and even if his style is a bit manic, he belongs on the board, he is one of us. The hobby needs new collectors, it is the only way it can grow. So welcome, Adrian, and again, congrats on the pickups. Enjoy.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by npa589 View Post
You posted this in another thread, I forget what it was...

Needless to say, when I saw this, I laughed as hard as I've laughed in years. It works on oh so many levels.

*Applause*

I've also posted this card many times.

I believe it originated on CU.