NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
Jason

Default Best place to sell Team signed baseballs?

I have 6 baseballs signed by the teams from the late 1950s/early 1960s. I'm selling these for a friend. What is the best place to sell these? eBay? Auction house?

I have no idea who to find a value for these. I have a meeting scheduled with JSA tomorrow to get some or all authenticated.

Here is a list of the balls:

1959 Pirates
1959 SF Giants
1957 or 1958 Phillies
1958 Cardinals
1959 KC Athletics
1961 Cubs

Any advice is welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I have 6 baseballs signed by the teams from the late 1950s/early 1960s. I'm selling these for a friend. What is the best place to sell these? eBay? Auction house?

I have no idea who to find a value for these. I have a meeting scheduled with JSA tomorrow to get some or all authenticated.

Here is a list of the balls:

1959 Pirates
1959 SF Giants
1957 or 1958 Phillies
1958 Cardinals
1959 KC Athletics
1961 Cubs

Any advice is welcome

Not sure what would be the best. I will say after you get them authenticated and figure out their value to list them here in the BST section first. There are a lot of great people on here and there are no selling fees. It will let you list them at a slightly lower price and still get your friend as much or more cash than other options.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Jason

Is it worth the authenticator fee ($150-$250)/ ball to get them authenticated?

I realize this question may stir up quite a debate.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Is it worth the authenticator fee ($150-$250)/ ball to get them authenticated?

I realize this question may stir up quite a debate.

I don't collect authenticated items but also know authenticating will in most cases bring you more money and that is taking the grading fees into account. You should post this in the autograph section to get the best advice.
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

The first thing that probably comes to everyone's mind when reading this is, make sure they aren't pre-printed souvenir balls issued by the teams.

I know that is a very basic thought, but without pics of the balls to see, we're in the dark. Many times people have asked about their treasured autographed balls, and the pictures clearly showed them to be those 'worthless' souvenir things.

Hopefully, that's not the case here, but wanted to point it out.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Jason

Good points on both ... is it appropriate to show pics of the balls in the auto BST forum? I really don't know where to price these.

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
The first thing that probably comes to everyone's mind when reading this is, make sure they aren't pre-printed souvenir balls issued by the teams.

I know that is a very basic thought, but without pics of the balls to see, we're in the dark. Many times people have asked about their treasured autographed balls, and the pictures clearly showed them to be those 'worthless' souvenir things.

Hopefully, that's not the case here, but wanted to point it out.

I can post pics if appropriate... I can assure you they are not pre-printed souvenir balls. Some have been shellaced, but all are actual signed balls.

You bring up a legit point though. Trying to determine the best place/way to have this discussion

Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Good points on both ... is it appropriate to show pics of the balls in the auto BST forum? I really don't know where to price these.

Not only is it appropriate to show pictures it is highly encouraged so potential buyers can see exactly what they might purchase.

The Autograph section would be your most helpful place. https://net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31