NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Mark Rios

Default Misc Sale: Uncut

'57T Uncut of 3 (w/Spahn) - card has a wave to it $25 SOLD
'57T Uncut of 4 (w/Kaline) - out of focus, but very sharp $35

Mark
mrios@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uncut1 001.jpg (74.6 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg uncut2 001.jpg (78.1 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Marckus99; 03-02-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Patrick N.

Default I'll take....

the '57 strip with Spahn. PM sent.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Jim VB

Mark,

If you have any names to call me, please feel free to do it on the main board, or here on the BST. I don't need them in personal emails.

When you posted this listing this afternoon at 3:50 I responded with an email at 3:53. I have no idea what time Pat sent his PM, but it must have been right around the same time. He then posted on the board at 3:54.

I committed to take both items and asked for payment info. Pat offered to take one item.

You responded to me at 4:11 that one item was already sold and sent payment instructions on the second.

I emailed back and asked if you would please check the time stamps of the email and the PM and see if I was earlier or later than the other offer. Your response back was unclear, but it seemed to indicate that, yes, I had been in first, "maybe by a minute" (your words.) I took that to mean that you had committed to Pat before you read my email and I was perfectly fine with that. I did mention that my offer was for both items, not just one and if both weren't available, I would pass.

I wasn't mad, pissed, ticked or any other similar adjective. It just wasn't that big of a deal. I was just saying I would pass.

You then sent me a sarcastic email, calling me petty and saying that if the deal with Pat fell through, you'd send me the card FREE!

No matter how it works out that won't be necessary. You snarky response was enough for me to take the time to make a couple of suggestions for you, however. Some people use all aspects of this site. Some choose to just use the BST. Either of those options are fine, but sometimes the guys who are sellers only, don't quite grasp to niceties and intricacies of the BST. It's a terrific, free service offered by Leon. There are no written rules, but common sense governs. These really pertain to others as well as you.

First off, when you list 4-5 items in the same category, at the same time, and make each a separate post, you push everybody else down the page. Honestly, you weren't a big offender here. Your items were very different and probably deserved distinct posts, but others aren't always so polite. I've seen guys list 15-20 cards from the same set, but list them in different posts.

Secondly, the terms of the sale should be listed in the post. If a seller doesn't list a shipping charge, I assume the price quoted is delivered. When you send a confirming email and then first mention a shipping charge, you'll surprise some people.

Thirdly, it works best if you tell people how you prefer a response. This board allows people to contact you three ways (email, PM, and on the thread itself.) If you don't express a preference, you have to figure out how to sort them in the order they came in.

Fourth (Fourthly???), as Rob mentioned elsewhere today, when an item sell, don't bump the thread to say so. Just edit the post. If you need to edit the title, click on "Go Advanced." (You handled this perfectly, by the way. Others don't.)

Lastly, if you opt to be one of the guys who just uses the BST, people here don't get to know you. In that case, it's best not to send them emails calling them names. If one of the regular board members called me "petty" it might provoke some thought on my part. When someone I don't know does it, it's just bad customer service.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Jim VB; 03-02-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Mark Rios

Default Jimmy VB

Hey Jimmy,

Obviously you have too much time on your hands.
This is not issues of life and death....its cards.

I apologize deeply if you placed your message 0.0067878 seconds
before Pat. As a matter of fact, the BST is not a science.
The suppossed "oversight" on my part was not by design.
I did offer you additional uncut cards that I have, but you balked...unless
you had them BOTH. Hmm.

Anyways, wasting brain matter here.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Jim VB

You're correct. It is just "cards" to me. But then I'm not the one with 80% of my posts on the BST. To those guys, it's a business.

Last edited by Jim VB; 03-03-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 AM

So....are....any of these cards still available???