NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-13-2015, 08:50 AM
J@RR0D

Default My first year doing TTM

I decided to try doing some TTM this year for the first time, as I've watched people post theirs for years and always been a little bit jealous. I started in Spring Training, and sent probably 50 to the team's spring facilities. Then after the season started, I sent another 75 or so to the stadiums. I tried to pick a good mix of stars, rookies, and common players that I liked. I purposefully used more current cards instead of sending rookie cards that may look like I was planning to resell. For some, I simply sent what I had on hand and with others, I chose a card that I really liked the photo on.

Just a couple of weeks after sending the initial batch off, I got my first return.

Thanks, Adrian! Although I kind of wish it hadn't come so soon because it set a precedent that did NOT come to pass.

Over the next few weeks, I get a couple of different things. Some printed photos (with preprinted sig) from Red Sox players, and my cards sent back with requests for donations to the team's charities from a few others. I passed on most of these but did send in a donation and got a signed Miguel Cabrera card back a few weeks later.

In the past couple of months, the only thing I've gotten is a letter from Vin Scully that basically said "Thanks, but no autos. Sorry."

Then today I got one back that I always assumed I would. I am a season ticket holder for the Rockies Low-A affiliate here in NC and met Corey a few times when he played here. The kid is a class act and if he could stay healthy, could really be a star.

I'll update the thread over the coming months if I get any off season returns. Wish me luck!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:41 AM

As a person who does TTM, always happy to read about what people get back in the mail. A site name StarTiger is the best. Good luck as it makes getting the mail fun!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Just to build on the last poster, this is more of a vintage autograph forum. You may want to try SCN or sportsgraphing for information and/or feedback.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:38 PM
$teve O.

Good luck Jarrod.Look forward to seeing your successes!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Steven Finley

Good luck and thanks for posting. Just recently started TTM back up as well
Old 11-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Good luck with TTM! I'm pretty much done with it now that all the old timers (1930s-early 1950s) are either dead or in my collection, but I had a lot of fun. I echo what has been said about SCN. SCF was also a good one I used a lot, and Baseball-Fever used to be good, but it's pretty much dead now.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:50 PM
J@RR0D

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely take your suggestions. I've gotten autos from a couple of old timers before TTM but this is my first time for active players.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:19 PM
J Ryan
Banned

sportscardforum has a great ttm manager that shows what all people are getting back. its a good source to see who is signing what currently.

the manager
http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php

recent successes
http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php?do=listr&sp=2

Last edited by TAVG; 11-17-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:31 PM
J@RR0D

One new reply today. The third pick of the 2013 draft, Jon Gray. Jon skipped Low-A ball so I didn't get to see him pitch in my town where the Rockies Low-A team plays. This one was sent to AZ during Spring Training.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:55 PM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVG View Post
sportscardforum has a great ttm manager that shows what all people are getting back. its a good source to see who is signing what currently.

the manager
http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php

recent successes
http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php?do=listr&sp=2
Thanks for those links, lots of great info there!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:31 AM
J@RR0D

I only got one return in 2016 (aside from my Kershaw cards sent back unsigned) and it was this Drew Stubbs.

Then in the mailbox today was this CC Sabathia that I sent back in '15. Nice surprise.

I'm getting ready to send a bunch off to spring training soon.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:25 PM
J@son.K

Do players really still do TTM these days? I used to do TTM back in the early '80s (with fairly good results) but I just thought players would generally stop doing that nowadays.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:30 PM
J@RR0D

I've found that most of the modern "star" players don't sign TTM, as I'm sure they're inundated. Until last year, I heard Clayton Kershaw was still good to sign. But I would guess I've gotten back about 3% of what I sent. It's still fun though, so I'm going to continue for awhile.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:39 PM
J@son.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
I've found that most of the modern "star" players don't sign TTM, as I'm sure they're inundated. Until last year, I heard Clayton Kershaw was still good to sign. But I would guess I've gotten back about 3% of what I sent. It's still fun though, so I'm going to continue for awhile.
Kershaw still signs?! I've been dying to find an opportunity to get him to sign a few things. I doubt I'd have any luck with Kershaw though. If anybody knows of any public signings that Kershaw does, please PM me! Thanks.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:31 PM
J@RR0D

I think he finally decided to stop. I had the two cards I sent him in '16 returned, in my SASE, unsigned. No request for money, just unsigned. Bummer.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:00 PM
$teve O.

I agree with Jarrod,it's tough to get active players to sign.The best time to send is during spring training.As for Kershaw,I sent a ball in '15,and got it back last April.I think he gets so many requests,he just can't sign them all.