NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 03-30-2018, 06:59 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default goodwin

more than 30% of auction recieved no bids
Old 03-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
As posted elsewhere, 21 of the 29 individual cards in the 41 Cardinals Team Issue had very high opening bids, and did not open, meaning it was inevitable that the set was going to outsell the individual cards and there was no way to win the Rickey, Mize, etc. without buying the set.

And with realistic openings on the individual cards, that would have generated more bidding on the more desirable cards because there would have been a real reason to bid in overtime, and also would have generated pressure on the set price. The consignor definitely lost out here IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-30-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:48 AM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default Goodwins

Openings were ridiculous
No chance of bids on all that stuff
Robert goulds graded 1.5 100 and 200 minimums
Salada box 500 minimum
Crazy
Why waste catalogue or web space?

Last edited by sflayank; 03-30-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
Whomever put in the starting bids should be fired. Dismal showing all the way around if you ask me.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Whomever put in the starting bids should be fired. Dismal showing all the way around if you ask me.
Of course the one other card I bid on, went for a world record. The more things change....

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Scott S

Is it their strategy to mail catalogs at the end of their auction as well? I got mine on the 28th for an auction ending on the 29th, and have heard many others in the past comment about getting the catalogs after the auction has closed. Not smart in any of their operational procedures....
Old 03-30-2018, 10:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Of course the one other card I bid on, went for a world record. The more things change....
Deja Vu all over again!! In all fairness, whomever did the starting bids, if (I didn't check) that many lots didn't open, didn't do a great job on that one but probably not a firing offense. ....

Last edited by Leon; 03-30-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Robert Williams

I hate to say this, because I like Bill, but I don't even look at them seriously anymore. Ever since the team up with Beckett, I too, have noticed high opening bids that greatly exceeded what you can get the cards for elsewhere. I understand not wanting to leave money on the table, but seriously! Setting record highs for every single card is ridiculous.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 03-30-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:06 PM
Joshua

I didn’t mind. I was the fourth bid on the SGC 50 ty Cobb green background. And I won it!

http://goodwinandco.com/mobile/LotDe...entoryid=37476

A bit off centered to the bottom but good eye appeal on the border centering and nice corners for the grade.

I think ending an auction on Good Friday may be playing an equally big part with the high minimums. People are out of town. You can see it in your commute. Baseball cards are not (top) of my mind when I’m out of town.

Last edited by joshuanip; 03-30-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

Color is amazing on that Cobb
Old 03-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiedog View Post
Color is amazing on that Cobb

Thank you. My first T206 Cobb from starting my collection over again.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:49 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default poor consignors of godiwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Is it their strategy to mail catalogs at the end of their auction as well? I got mine on the 28th for an auction ending on the 29th, and have heard many others in the past comment about getting the catalogs after the auction has closed. Not smart in any of their operational procedures....
Funny for the last auction a few days ago, i got a catalogue and opened it the next day (maybe 2 days..for sake of accuracy) and when i went to log on the website the auction was over the night before....many of the decent dollar items i would of made a few bids on..

probably cost the consignors at least $10000 in total, the fact i didnt put in any bids.

Not sure why they bother to send a catalogue if the send it the last day of the auction..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-23-2018 at 05:49 AM.