NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2022, 06:09 AM
Jeff H

Default Random shoutout-- LOTG auctions

Probably everyone on this forum is far more familiar with LOTG auctions than I am. I have bid there a couple of times but never won anything.

Last night, I was planning to bid on two small items for their current auction for which extended bidding started at 9PM. I had not put in bids as of like 8:50, and the computer system was acting funny (probably on my end). My only option was to call them 5 minutes before the start of extended bidding to try to put in bids.

So, I am the worst kind of person/bidder here--literally, I am calling with 5 minutes to spare, trying to put in bids for tiny lots at 8:55, when probably there are 78,000 things going on and no time to put in bids for some random guy like me.

Instead I called, and got someone immediately (seemed like it was the owner). He acknowledged that it was last minute and could not have been nicer about the whole thing. He patiently got my info, put in my bids, told me the status, and made sure I'd get updated on my bid status. Super friendly.

In the end, I got neither item, but that matters less than just having an exceedingly positive experience with this whole thing, so wanted to give a big shout out for that. We talk about the wave of jerks who seem to come along in the hobby from time to time, so I wanted to just highlight a simple but nice experience!

Jeff

Last edited by jh691626; 04-03-2022 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2022, 06:46 AM

Read the many prior threads re LOTG. Al, the owner, is one of the real good guys in the hobby and his auction is a reflection of him. I think that is the primary reason that each LOTG auction is better than the one before. Reputation and integrity matters!

Ryan Hotchkiss
Old 04-03-2022, 06:51 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Read the many prior threads re LOTG. Al, the owner, is one of the real good guys in the hobby and his auction is a reflection of him. I think that is the primary reason that each LOTG auction is better than the one before. Reputation and integrity matters!

Ryan Hotchkiss
+1 agreed

Glad you had that experience and all of us have had those types of experience with them

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 04-03-2022, 07:13 AM
D@le Irv*n

I won my first card ever from any AH at LOTG last night.
Just currently awaiting my invoice to pay.

Looking forward to their summer auction. Sounds like it might be a real gooder and not one to miss.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:27 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Al at LOTG and Brian at REA are a cut above the rest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post

Ryan Hotchkiss
Al has been fantastic each and every time I've needed his help - last night was no different. The man was patient and helped me understand the overtime/double-overtime rules.

Was very helpful - and the items, top-notch!
Old 04-03-2022, 04:17 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

I've only won one item from Al's auctions, but he was absolutely great, went well above and beyond with me.

Like someone said earlier, there are other threads with pages and pages of people saying the same thing.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:18 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

I have been both a seller and a buyer from LOTG. Always treated with the upmost respect and never have had an incline of worry about bidding or selling with Al and the gang.

He will also drop everything to treat you like your the only seller/buyer there and get your questions answered.

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 04-06-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I have both consigned with and won auctions from Al plenty of times. Nothing but positive experiences.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:13 PM
Scott Russell

Al's one of the good guys for sure. Nothing beats calling a number and getting the owner on the phone.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions