NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default 1789 George Washington inaugural button - extraordinary!

Posted By: E, Daniel

I know this isn't a classic area to sell this piece (indeed I hope it's ok with the moderators - I'm sure they'll let me know ), but would prefer to list here before going to ebay or auction house....

I'm selling this piece with a fair bit of heartache but priorities are priorities. Purchased it from Mastro back in 2005, and am not looking to do much better than purchase price.

This piece was crafted in 1789 to commemorate Washington's inauguration, and given to supporters of his that could afford to don them on a coat or cuff.
Few survive, they come in a number of designs, this one was my favourite for it's strong simple symbolism. It has a full, original and undamaged shank. I currently have it framed, and am happy to send the frame along with it if you choose, or naked in a protective holder. I have loved looking at it every day, it connects me to a special time in this country's history, I have no doubt anyone would feel the same way.

Price is $2450 inclusive shipping registered USPS fully insured. Paypal is required payment method for this item.

First to type "I'll take it".

Daniel

Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

Goes to ebay tonight if not sold.

Daniel

Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Very nice piece Daniel. Do you collect other early American pieces? I have a collection of 18th century swords and pottery that one of these days, if anyone has an interest, I would be interested in liquidating or trading for Red Sox memorabilia. Good luck with your auction.