NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 PM

Default any info on website ?

Hi - just wondering if anyone has any background on

sportcarddatabase.com

(I am not affiliated except as a "member"). It appears to offer for free some of the same stuff that others charge for.

Any thoughts about the quality of the site would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
R Haynes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Personally

To me this just looks like another spam thread but I am tempted to let it go just for the fact of the picture I saw of upgraded servers. You could run a freakin' fortune 1000 company on those things. That, together with the fact it looks like there is barely any activity, is quite amusing. *I will stick with VCP and other resources...but to each their own....and the pic...For reference that site could be run on one little blade out of this picture on their website...which is one little sliver (approx 1/30) of one of those 42U (72 in.) racks shown. And that would be tons of overkill .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20adrgp.jpg (25.6 KB, 181 views)
Old 11-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Default no spam here...

Hi Leon and folks - no spam here (at least not intentionally - of course one person's spam is probably someone's tenderloin...) . Long time hobbyist and mathematician here (google me if you wish!!) Also interested in the use of technology to increase my enjoyment in the hobby (as I would assume most everyone here must be as well!). Created my own website/database to track my wantlist,tradelist etc. so I am always interested in like minded individuals/organizations.

Just figured I would ask the folks on this board as I had followed some previous discussion (some years back now...) about VCP.

Leon: I had a previous username (which was something similar to the current one) but I couldn't seem to login with it so I created another.

Best,
Ronald Haynes

Last edited by rhaynes74; 11-21-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Ron

Ron
Welcome aboard.

No worries...and I just approved your other login ID too. If you use technology then you will know how comical that picture is that I posted, from that other resource. Good luck in your endeavors and happy collecting. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance. take care
Old 11-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Bobby Binder

Interesting site you have there I must say, to bad you don't cover pre-war cards. I entered a 1952 Topps Mantle in a PSA 9 and you tell me it is worth $13,664.75, please tell me where I can get a few dozen of them at that price?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 AM

Default once again...

Once again - this is not my site. I was simply wanting to get people's opinions (which I have I guess!). Please read the whole thread.

I gather that you are suggesting that the pricing info is not accurate.

Best,
R Haynes

ps. Maybe Leon it might be a good idea to delete this one. Mr. Binder seems to have an interesting PR policy when dealing with potential customers.

Last edited by rhaynes74; 11-22-2009 at 11:26 AM.