NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-07-2011, 02:56 PM
David Ribbens

Default Fake D304's

Was dealing with a guy by the name of Carl ( Carlos ) Topete from San Diego area about a lot of 12 D304's he found in an old piece of furniture. He said he was from Greenwich Connecticut, his cell phone is 475-201-xxxx and his email address is topetecman2000@gmail.com. The cards were verified as being reprints by Doug Allen at Legendary Auctions in person on Monday December 5.The 12 cards were about an 1/8" short on size, the coloring was faded on the fronts and the backs were all in black print. The Brunners and the ButterKrust backs are printed in a dark green print not black. I know he has more of these so beware.
I will post his home address later when I get home from work.

Last edited by Leon; 12-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Why do we need his info? I appreciate the heads up but we don't need all this personal stuff.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums

Last edited by sportscardpete; 12-07-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Wow I am new too, but I already know that this post breaks a lot, if not all, the rules. We don't have the poster's name and he gives out personal info about another person.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:31 PM

This sounds a LOT like the guy a few years ago from San Diego who came on this board and was trying to rip people off. He supposedly had numerous Goudey Ruths and 1952 Topps Mantles.

He used one name to say he knew this guy who owned them and then used a different name to say he WAS the guy who owned them. There were a few different threads about this guy. Once the scam was brought to light, he came back on and was taunting board members.

David
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Fred

If this guy has a Palm Ave. address then I think I remember this idiot...
Old 12-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Dave Terwi.lliger

flip.

flop.

.....fail.

but thanks for reminding us that D304 reprints are commonplace and easily spotted.

Last edited by murcerfan; 12-07-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Robert A

I actually like this info. Thank you.

We've seen these particluar reprint D304s for quite a while around here and if this gentleman is passing them off as real then I'm glad someone has finally outed him. I've wondered where they originate from and hope they go away.

I get a lot of inquiries about these via email asking whether or not they are real. It's surprising how plentiful they are. This guy must have made some money off of them at some time because they're everywhere and they're made to deceive.

Rob
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default interesting post

The original post is quite interesting. I have seldom had one post break so many rules at one time. I don't know whether to just blow off the warning and ban the original poster or thank him? At minimum there are a fewl things that will be taken care of almost immediately....LL

addendum....I gave the original poster a call. He and I had a great conversation. He just didn't realize the correct way to do what he is doing. I think we are all good now....thanks to everyone that has helped him too...

Last edited by Leon; 12-07-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
David Ribbens

Default Fake D304's

My bad for breaking the rules of your postings, was trying to prevent others from getting scammed. My name is David Ribbens from the Chicago area.Thanks for correcting me
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Isaac Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelcard View Post
I actually like this info. Thank you.
+1
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Default I sold cards for this guy

My name is Tyler Buckhouse

Ok so this guy actually had me sell a few Mickey Mantles for him on eBay. I got positive feedback from one user and then nearly a month later I get a Chargeback from PayPal for fake merchandise. Turns out the card is fake. He has since deleted that email address and the phone number I was using to contact him, which is different than the number you posted. Do you have any other information on him? I need to know what I can do to get the buys money back.

Last edited by ZingZangZoom; 02-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZangZoom View Post
Ok so this guy actually had me sell a few Mickey Mantles for him on eBay. I got positive feedback from one user and then nearly a month later I get a Chargeback from PayPal for fake merchandise. Turns out the card is fake. He has since deleted that email address and the phone number I was using to contact him, which is different than the number you posted. Do you have any other information on him? I need to know what I can do to get the buys money back.
please put your full name in your post, per the rules. thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
David Str@@te

These 12 were found in an old desk as well.

http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/2711804274.html

Tags
fake d304's