NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
keith janosky

Default 25.00 admission to the National, What?

Just got an email with info on the National and saw that admission is 20.00 advanced and 25.00 at the door. I realize it is costly to put on a National but I have never seen the admission cost this high in all the Natioanls I have been to and have been to about 15 of them. Problem with getting advanced tics is you hope you can make it by the time it rolls around so to be safe if you get them at the door it's 25.00. Plus the Rosemont charges 13.00 parking so it's almost 40.00 just to walk in the door. I feel the biggest losers here are the dealers because the admission and parking just took out 40.00 that I could have spent at the tables. Just my opinion I think they are pricing themselves to high. Lower the price and more people will come and to high prices people will stay away. In this economy money is still tight and they need to realize that. At least give a free parking pass or something so more money can be spent on the dealers. Why take 40.00 out of my pocket before I walk in the door. Like I said I know it is a costly venture to put a National on but was just kind of taken back with the email and saw the admission prices. Some people won't think it's a big deal because it is the National and it's worth the admission price no matter what it is and that is fine this was just my opinion.

Last edited by keithsky; 03-11-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Scott

Im glad w this that I can only attend another national in my dreams. Ridiculous prices.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM

No idea what the thinking is behind something like that. The reason the card show days are over is because no one went and there wasn't any money in it. Now they're pricing out the guys who DO go. What is the logic?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Scott

It should likely be a 10-15 dollar gen admission event. 15 is the high side IMO, National or not. Best point is the cost of admission/parking/food at venue and all. Someone is a local walk up he's out minimum of 25+13 if he parks there and say 12 for food/cold drink at a miminum and you have 50 bucks before he hits the tables.

Now, of course most who go to the National have money to spend, much more than that. But, that said, it still is that much less. Factor in autograph guests and the fact that some dealers for some reason price their stuff like they have a one of a kind grand museum, it can be discouraging.

I went to four nationals back in the day and found that times. Forget buying for resale most times and evne if you are buying for a collection, and don't mind paying more, you still don't want your item to be like it is a pot of gold, w some exceptions of course.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
keith janosky

With the corporate booths there and what they pay and the fees from the dealers there should be no reason the admission can't be 15.00 at most. After it's over if they come out with the final admission tally and it's down they'll make some excuse as events going on in Chicago held people away or the heat or some other reason attendance is down instead of saying the admission fees were to high and people stayed away because of that. To bad the committee doesn't poll people and ask them what would be a fair price to pay and base it on that just to get an idea what people are willing to pay.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM

I feel like the money must be made on concessions, table rentals, and autograph tickets. It seems unneccessary to try to gauge people by also upping the door price. That can't possibly be where they make their money and I can't see how it would justify alienating so many people just to make another 10 bucks per.

Last edited by packs; 03-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Kevin O'Gara

Greed,greed and more GREED. Enough said...
Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
JT R0berts

Ahhh the "Hobby".....