NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 11:55 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Default f/s:1993 upper deck sp derek jeter signed rc

sp jeter--$375

Last edited by chaddurbin; 08-08-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Jon Canfield

I'll take the jeter. Email sent.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
qu@n nguy3n

thx jon the topps card ships today....

added the SP to first post.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:40 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
sp jeter--$385

Wow!

Kind of pricey, huh? Don't these usually sell for about half that price? Who knows though, maybe you'll get a sucker to bite.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Christopher Williams

I'm happy a member can get the price he wants, but it's weird that I have three original Scoreboard Derek Jeter signed 1993 Topps cards (his 1996 autograph) and am having a difficult time selling one.

I have no problem keeping them, of course.

Weird market.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:12 PM
D@vid L@dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I'm happy a member can get the price he wants, but it's weird that I have three original Scoreboard Derek Jeter signed 1993 Topps cards (his 1996 autograph) and am having a difficult time selling one.

I have no problem keeping them, of course.

Weird market.
Isn't the SP his most desireable rookie card? You really can't compare it to a Topps. A Topps PSA 9 (unsigned) sells for $15...have you seen what SP's go for?
Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoEsq View Post
Isn't the SP his most desireable rookie card? You really can't compare it to a Topps. A Topps PSA 9 (unsigned) sells for $15...have you seen what SP's go for?
Maybe so, but for me it's the fact that it's a rookie-circa autograph as opposed to his sig ten years later.

Personally his 1993 SP card doesn't do a thing for me. There is certainly no shortage of them.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Wow!

Kind of pricey, huh? Don't these usually sell for about half that price? Who knows though, maybe you'll get a sucker to bite.
$385 is an amazing price. I've seen these listed for twice that.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
No doubt a great price for that card.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:18 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Great signature as well

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
qu@n nguy3n

thx for the free bumps fellas but it's not necessary, steve chris etc are selling some amazing cards in other posts.

i changed the title in the original post from topps to sp so it might've been confusing...i did sell the topps scoreboard with jsa to jon above for $175. a collector friend found something for me at the national so just trying to pay for it.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:38 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
$50 SP Jeter RC on eBay
$13 PSA/DNA authentication & slabbing fee
$322 Jeter auto fee???????
$385 Total

If you really think it's a good deal and you've seen them listed for twice that, buy it and double your money. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
$50 SP Jeter RC on eBay
$13 PSA/DNA authentication & slabbing fee
$322 Jeter auto fee???????
$385 Total

If you really think it's a good deal and you've seen them listed for twice that, buy it and double your money. Good luck.
Where is Jeter signing for $322? Last 2 times I've needed Jeter on items for my personal collection (both tickets), he was $650 for flats/cards through Steiner.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:40 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i didn't want to do this but since jon bumped the thread to the top...i'd like to ask you guys to stop engaging vintagetoppsguy. i guess he's trolling my threads now because of this:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225921

i told he was being petty and passing bad info...hubbell, lopez, and greenberg can all be TPA'd for $9-$13 depending on the company even if he paid some ridic pricings. telling someone to waste $30 on a $15 hubbell sig is passing BAD INFO so i felt compell to speak up. he obviously knows very little about autographs and pricing cost so he's just making himself look bad here, not sure what he's trying to accomplish. kinda sad how big of a troll he's become calling people names etc.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 08-08-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:58 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
i didn't want to do this but since jon bumped the thread to the top...i'd like to ask you guys to stop engaging vintagetoppsguy. i guess he's trolling my threads now because of this:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225921

i told he was being petty and passing bad info...hubbell, lopez, and greenberg can all be TPA'd for $9-$13 depending on the company even if he paid some ridic pricings. telling someone to waste $30 on a $15 hubbell sig is passing BAD INFO so i felt compell to speak up. he obviously knows very little about autographs and pricing cost so he's just making himself look bad here, not sure what he's trying to accomplish. kinda sad how big of a troll he's become calling people names etc.
I'm not trolling your threads. This is your only thread in which I said anything. You are the troll. You interfered in my thread first, you just got what was coming to you.

You're right, I don't know a lot about autographs. But I know how to read and comprehend the English language. I know how to read and understand the authentication fees that are listed right there in black and white on PSA's website. I know how much I paid to have my autographs authenticated. And you're writing is atrocious. Next time you write more than 3 words, please consult a dictionary.

I don't know why you interfered in my thread in the first place. Is it because I'm white and you have an obvious disdain for white people? Here are a few of your condescending remarks about white people (copied and pasted exactly as you wrote them):
  • too many unwritten rules started by white guys in the old day that want the game to still be played the white way (referring to the rules of baseball)
  • they're all white guys so you can't go wrong
  • i'm tired of all the heart pain, acid reflux, and penis problem ads aimed at middle-aged white men. baseball is doing nothing to bring in the younger viewers
  • beltre is one of my favorite players...and on his current trajectory should be a hof'er. if he was white and in ny he would've locked it up already
  • baseball is seemingly in decline because nobody relates to these hard-ass whiteguys with their unwritten rules

So what's your problem with white people? You don't like it here? If not, go back to that third world shit hole country that you came from or shut your mouth, but nobody is keeping you here. Nobody here makes condescending remarks about your race, please show the same courtesy.

If you want to be done with this, let's be done. But you interfere in my BST thread and you're going to get shown the same disrespect.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:23 AM

Strange thread.

Last edited by packs; 08-09-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:26 AM
Ben North

Quote:
I'm not trolling your threads. This is your only thread in which I said anything. You are the troll. You interfered in my thread first, you just got what was coming to you.

You're right, I don't know a lot about autographs. But I know how to read and comprehend the English language. I know how to read and understand the authentication fees that are listed right there in black and white on PSA's website. I know how much I paid to have my autographs authenticated. And you're writing is atrocious. Next time you write more than 3 words, please consult a dictionary.

I don't know why you interfered in my thread in the first place. Is it because I'm white and you have an obvious disdain for white people? Here are a few of your condescending remarks about white people (copied and pasted exactly as you wrote them):
  • too many unwritten rules started by white guys in the old day that want the game to still be played the white way (referring to the rules of baseball)
  • they're all white guys so you can't go wrong
  • i'm tired of all the heart pain, acid reflux, and penis problem ads aimed at middle-aged white men. baseball is doing nothing to bring in the younger viewers
  • beltre is one of my favorite players...and on his current trajectory should be a hof'er. if he was white and in ny he would've locked it up already
  • baseball is seemingly in decline because nobody relates to these hard-ass whiteguys with their unwritten rules

So what's your problem with white people? You don't like it here? If not, go back to that third world shit hole country that you came from or shut your mouth, but nobody is keeping you here. Nobody here makes condescending remarks about your race, please show the same courtesy.

If you want to be done with this, let's be done. But you interfere in my BST thread and you're going to get shown the same disrespect.
WOW Quan put 1 post in your thread so you go full moron in his, how is that even close to the same? This last post is also so far beyond any line that if you don't get banned for at least a short time something is wrong.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:40 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
WOW Quan put 1 post in your thread so you go full moron in his, how is that even close to the same? This last post is also so far beyond any line that if you don't get banned for at least a short time something is wrong.
He shouldn't have put ANY posts in my thread, it's against the rules.

And banned for what?
Old 08-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Joel

This is for a September Steiner signing

Old 08-09-2016, 10:29 AM
De.rek Gre.nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post
This is for a September Steiner signing

It seems he keeps getting more and more expensive!!! very nice card btw...
Old 08-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Ben North

Quote:
He shouldn't have put ANY posts in my thread, it's against the rules.

And banned for what?
Since the post is at the top now and I wont be bumping it above anyone else. I will try to explain it.

Quan put 1 uncalled for post in your thread. Because you are "special" you had the need to retaliate. I get that and you accomplished that with your first post in his thread.

Then because you obviously feel entitled and better than others you had to put a second post in his for sale thread. I can also understand that as I have had petty moments also.

Then we come to your third post. Words can't describe what kind of POS it take to spend the time it took you to make that post.

IMHO posts like your 3rd one deserve a break from the board.

Now to keep this a little on track. Quan that is a beautiful Jeter card and good luck selling it.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I will try to explain it.
Well, you didn't explain it. You only restated the events of the thread.

Let me ask again. Get banned for what? Specifically?
Closed Thread