NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 05-26-2017, 07:36 PM

Default 1978 Topps Wax & Vending Football Set NM-MT to Gem Mint

Pay-Pal Friends & Family ONLY To: johnclayes@comcast.net
$850 Postage Paid

Im a long time member of most all of the Sports Card Message Boards (Net54, PSA, SGC and the exclusive LTS.

Im also a Top Rated seller on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182599361629...84.m1555.l2649

Over the years I have busted a lot of 1978 Topps product. If memory serves me right Ive busted at least 6 Vending boxes and Multiple 3-pack wax trays over the years, all from BBCE. I know a Super High End set like this is not for everyone. But if you are in the Market for a Top Tier 1978 Topps Football set, you have but a few choices.

#1 Buy a 8,9,10 quality TPGed set like PSA or SGC, Which will likely cost you in the $5,000-$6,000 range if your lucky.

#2 Buy some 1978 Vending/Wax Product. You'll need at least two Vending and or wax boxes to be able to realistically pull a full set and Likely a 3rd and 4th box to come close to pulling enough high quality cards to have a chance of building the set in truly high grade through out. Even then there is no Guarantee of pulling any of the key cards in acceptable grades. You can give it a shot though! Steve Hart(BBCE) currently has no 78 Vending or Wax Boxes in stock and has a buy price of $600. So you can expect his Sell price to be at least $700-$800 or more per box, if and when he ever has them in stock again.

#3 You could spend years searching out each card on Ebay and other sources. With 528 cards in the set your obviously going to be in the thousands of dollars in the premiums for high grade individual cards not to mention the shipping cost involved in acquiring that many cards. Even if by some miracle of God you managed to acquire them for an average of $5 per card your talking over $2,600

#4 Stumble across some OCD goober that spent years, in hind sight foolishly busting more 78 product than he probably should have and had no real desire to play the TPGing game with any of best High Grade cards from all the box busting and was literally giving the cards away at a fraction of the cost of your other 3 options. Hmmmmm I wonder

I have thought about playing the TPGing game with many of these super high grade cards, it just wasn't personally worth going Through all the hassle and bullshit that comes with that. I know there is no shortage of 1978 Topps Football Dealer Sets out there which we all know are basically sets cherry picked of all the investment quality cards and most certainly void of any of the key stars and rookies.

So I decided to do just the opposite! I would Cherry pick only the finest cards from the years of busting wax product to assemble a Super high grade Investment quality set that I feel would have a very reasonable chance to crack the top 10-20 sets listed on the PSA registry if you so chose to go the TPGing route.

As with ANY Seventies card Issue, quality control and centering and other printing flaws are always present and the 1978 Topps Football set surely has it's fair share of unique centering and printing woes. That being said I believe the set I have assembled here exhibits far above average centering. Are they all perfect? Obviously No, but I do know I would Challenge you to show me a nicer.

Virtually all of these cards I personally pulled from my Years of busting. I strongly believe that with the exception of a handful of cards, due solely to centering that EVERY card is 8, 9, 10 Quality with super sharp corners and Pack Fresh color, gloss and card registration.

There are NO: Gross miscuts, NO: bent corners or creases, and Definitely NO: Wax Stains.

As a Life Long collector of Seventies Football Sets Ive been an active Member of Most all of the Top Sports Card Message Boards, Including PSA, SGC, Beckett, Net54 and Currently with the Exclusive LTS (Lets Talk Sports Cards) Board. An Active Member of Ebay for over 20 years. If You have any questions or Concerns regarding this Super High End Set Please feel free to contact me,

You can't have a High Grade 78 Set without the Key Rookies, and that Means Tony Dorsett and John Stallworth.

I have two options on the Tony Dorsett Rookie. (Your Choice) No you don't get both

#1 A beautiful Mint 9 that I cracked out. I thought it had a shot at a 10 (flip is included)

#2 A solid PSA 8

The Other KEY Rookie is the John Stallworth and it is every bit as sharp as the Mint 9 Dorsett. Why I had so much trouble pulling a nice John Riggins is beyond me, so I added a Graded one that I have not yet cracked out.

I have scanned Every card in the set. Due to the picture Limitations of the board we'll start at the beginning and work through the set. After each 25 card picture block I have highlighted a few of the Key cards as well as many of the key stars and semi-stars.

Continued on Next Page

Last edited by BigRedOne; 06-01-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:23 PM

continued on next page

Last edited by BigRedOne; 05-26-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:12 PM

will continue on next page

Last edited by BigRedOne; 05-26-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:52 AM

Still available
Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 PM

Weekend Bump
Old 06-09-2017, 07:48 PM

Bump