NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Default Beantown Find. the story...

T206, T209, T210, T211
E90-1, E95, E96, E97, E98, E254 and some others

Within the past two weeks, I've brokered app twenty sizeable raw lots locally and through our BST from this grouping. I am selling these for a once affluent family that is using the funds to provide 24* nursing/compaionship service, so the family matriarch, Mrs M can remain in her home overlooking Cape Cod Bay and not be placed into a Nana Manor.

The Grouping belonged to Mrs M's uncle, a college chemistry professor, since his death in the 70s. Ironically, he never smoked cigarettes. At that time, another niece was about to donate the cards to a church thrift shop along with other rare antiques. Luckily, Mrs M stepped in and convinced All to hang onto these.

Since that time, these had been stored untouched at the family estate in Boston. A few of these have been deliberately hand cut, written upon and show other marks and stampings. Certainly, none maliciously, in my opinion.

Full Disclosure, Although I get a great feeling when forwarding the payments -thanks to you guys... I'm not doing this because I'm a warm and fuzzy person. I DO get compensation; 15% of net sales. In addition, the family has allowed me to purchase a small amount of "discounted" items.

My sincere thanks to those I've dealt with so far. Some of the email exchanges have been a blast. This has been an enjoyable ride.

Thankyou for reading the drivvle. Any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me asap.

Thankyou,
Steve Falletti
fdnyladder7@comcast.net

Incidentally, Ive had a few inquiries about lesser-grade, affordable T206 lots and HOFs. I'll be getting to that this week, I hope.

Still ample stock to unload. Stay tuned

Last edited by Ladder7; 03-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Ladder7

The lots I have purchased have been as described. Great fun as well with the communication with Steve.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Eric Shaeffer

Good luck Steve in working this out. I dont collect 206 but those looked like very nice lots and u seem to be a top shelf guy.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 AM
PeterB

Hi Steve, Thanks for the background story about these lots that I have enjoyed looking at. Pretty neat find and glad Mrs. M hung onto to them until now.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Barry Arnold

Default steve

great work, steve.
i'm hoping that the funds do help the woman live the rest of her life where she wants to, if at all possible.
you're always a compassionate fellow in my book--my way of saying 'warm and fuzzy'-- and are of perennially great help whether there's minor compensation or not.
all the best, ole friend

barry
Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 AM
D.B. Cooper

The lots Steve sold me have been moving my furniture when I sleep.

That being said I couldn't be happier with the look of the cards (dimensions, crease-freeness, etc). Quality stuff.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Robert A

Varying sizes? Those cards are all fine.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Maximum $$

Based on the ending numbers of the Huggins and Scott auction, Steve is getting great money. Do these debates mean that the auction houses should be auctioning these off individually to maximize the money for their consigners ?? Maybe so... Are we not just splitting hairs now... This has been interesting though listening to the different train of thoughts. Fun stuff, certainly not the thing that should be irritating people to this degree though. Life is way too short !!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Dave Fa*st

I thought the full name deal was meant for those who aren't known? I know Leon is familiar with Dan and myself....but like Dan I've removed my last comment and won't post on this thread again.

And Phil - all my info other than my telephone number is on the members page (edited to say some of it is out of date...)

Last edited by asphaltman; 04-03-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
I thought the full name deal was meant for those who aren't known? I know Leon is familiar with Dan and myself....but like Dan I've removed my last comment and won't post on this thread again.
Hi Dave
That is not the case. Here is a brief excerpt from the revised rules which have been in place for several months. I am seriously considering changing them to what you are saying though, and that way I can give out a name to anyone that is in the debate or situation, but not to the general public who are viewing the board. Quite honestly it's too time consuming to do it the way it's being done. That being said here are the rules as they are today (again, they are posted on the site too):

"Anonymous, where this board is concerned, implies that you are not known to the moderator or anyone else. That is not permitted on Net54baseball. However, you may remain private on the board; otherwise, as long as your post is not argumentative, controversial, confrontational, accusatorial etc.…For example you can discuss attributes of cards, sets or memorabilia and stay private. You can not say someone is an imbecile, hard to deal with, gave poor service etc…and remain private on the board. In addition to that if your opinion is that you dislike someone, hate them, can’t stand or don’t like anything about them, and you want to tell the world about it on Net54baseball, then your full name will need to be in your post. The moderator may put the posters name on the board or delete their posts, at his sole discretion, when this rule is not adhered to. Heated debates will require first and last names to be known, and made public, on the board. Contact information will be given out for legal reasons or under extraordinary circumstances at the discretion of the moderator."
Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 AM
qu@n nguy3n

i didn't think darren's or dave's replies were that bad. is it now the case where if you're simply addressing or replying to someone else's post then you must have your full name out there?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
i didn't think darren's or dave's replies were that bad. is it now the case where if you're simply addressing or replying to someone else's post then you must have your full name out there?
I dunno, what do you think? If someone says you are an (pick any bad thing) and then someone else agrees. Would you want to know who is agreeing with them?

And if you say, well yeah, but those weren't that "bad", who is to say they aren't that bad...and make that decision in every thread? You know what I mean?