NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Bill T.

Default What do you regret passing up?

There have been a few things over the years that I really should have bought; I had the money, it fit with what I was doing at the time, but for some reason I just didn't jump.

--The G&B Deasley that went off on eBay about 6-7 years ago for about $100. Yes, it was trimmed and skinned, and it had a tack hole, but it was a G&B. Little did I know.

--The other Holland Creameries. I bought one from a dealer at the Chicago National ('98 or '99) and didn't buy the other one he had, because of course now "I had one."

What have you passed up that now you wish you hadn't?

Bill
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Paul

An SGC10 PC796 Wagner on eBay a few years ago.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Jeff

Wolverine News Cobb PC @ the last Nat. in Chicago. I paused, thought about it, went back 30 minutes later and poof! it was gone.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Doug C.

There was a really nice SGC (20 I think) 1914 CJ Mathewson on eBay several months back, but someone beat me to it before I got the money.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Steve Birmingham

Lots of fairly ordinary stuff for me, but ordinary stuff that would have been good buys in the long run.

A few Goudey Ruths, the dealer I went to would hand them to me and tell me I should buy them. Never did buy one, and they're a lot less affordable now.

A drum back at $250 a few years ago, about VG at about the 5th table I saw at a show, and I didn't want to go home with just one card...

Pretty much anything I saw when I first got into shows etc years ago. T206 hofers for $10 commons for around $2 nearly everything was that cheap.

Steve B
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM

Too many regrets to even list
Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM

Default The Sultan of Sorrow

There have been several missed opportunities, but one that sticks in my mind was at a card show in the mid-80's--a guy was parading around the show with a well-wrinkled but still decent looking Sports King of Babe Ruth. He wanted $25.00.

Brian
Old 08-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Wolverine News Cobb PC @ the last Nat. in Chicago. I paused, thought about it, went back 30 minutes later and poof! it was gone.
Jeff, I think Joe D stole that one from you. My advice: hunt down some Taddys and shove them in his face.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Jeff, I think Joe D stole that one from you. My advice: hunt down some Taddys and shove them in his face.

Jeff,
You are correct, he nabbed it. Send in the clowns.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Jeff,
You are correct, he nabbed it. Send in the clowns.

Jeff..... yep - that was me..... but I don't have it any more.

I hope you grabbed it in the last REA auction.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Passed up cards

A TON of t206 rare backs and printers' scrap!!!

Axxxxxe here!!!LOL

PEACE

Johnny
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 PM

I passed on a T206 Magie error card that was probably in VG+ condition at the old Bob Lee show in SF that thinking back on it now..was really priced reasonably at that time...

and I got outbid on a Yoo Hoo Skowron card with coupon on epay some years back...that I wish I had put more $'s on..
Old 09-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Steve

When I was seven, my older brother offered me his collection of 1951 Topps all-stars, but I already had so many minor stars, I looked at the Dropo and Evers cards on the top and turned up my nose. Oh well, had I taken them, Ma would have tossed them after I went into the service.