NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Yankeefan51

Default need cash for The National

The world's premiere collector of rare, high grade type continues to vigorously pursue their needs for the very best type cards extant.

We have acquired over 50 different cards since February, many of which are the highest graded, and in select cases unique.

Please write in confidence if you have any of the cards below for sale or trade

Please write in confidence, with scan to bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Bruce Dorskind America’s Toughest Want List

Item Catalog # Condition

Goodwin 162 7+
Clements Brothers D-380 5+
Philadelphia Caramel E-96 7+
Briggs E 97 7+
30 cards E 98 7+
Bishop Team Cards E 221
G&B Gum E 221 (photo) 6
Darby Chocolates E 271 (box) NA
Crowly Milk- 1940 6
Western Playground H-998 5
Fireside T-208 5+
Contentea T 209-1 (Four Color) 7+
Wilson Franks (have 3 send list) 8 or 9 (nq)
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default G & B Gum

G & B gum is E223, mr. ivy league
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
G & B gum is E223, mr. ivy league
Leon - the E223 G&Bs are common - this collector is only after after the super rare E221 G&Bs. Someone was rumored to have brought one to the National in their trench coat pocket 8 years ago and was so insulted by the first offer they received (it was Mr. Mint) that they stormed out and the card has never been seen again.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Seth

Living with my dear wife for decades has taught me how to translate Bruce's message.

" Do you need cash for the National? I am intrested in the followings cards and grades. If you have any of these cards that you are willing to sell to me, I will be happy to assist in the funding of your trip to the 2011 national"

It takes a while to learn, but does not take nearly as much space on the page or time on the airways of the home.

BTW good luck at BC - saw the hale Flutie pass at the Orange Bowl with my dad near the end of his life. Great memory. I grew up in Natick, also Flutie's home town. Went to the Toot accross the river class of 64 Master's class of 65.

Peter
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Leon - the E223 G&Bs are common - this collector is only after after the super rare E221 G&Bs. Someone was rumored to have brought one to the National in their trench coat pocket 8 years ago and was so insulted by the first offer they received (it was Mr. Mint) that they stormed out and the card has never been seen again.
I have personally witnessed Alan Rosen "insult" folks at both the National and the Ft. Washington show. It actually disgusted me to see it in person.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Yankeefan51

Default typo

We apologize for the E 221 typo

Yes,we hold two Ivy League degrees, and serve as advisers to of the most important museums in New York.

What ultra high grade type cards do our critics have for sale?
Which museums do you advise, and we forget, which Ivy League universities
were honored with your presence?

We see no reason for a sarcastic comment- a friendly by the way E 221 should be E 223 would suffice.

We have to go now, we have a meeting with several of our mult-millionaire collecting friends. Have a good weekend.

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Last edited by andybecker; 07-01-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
We have to go now, we have a meeting with several our mult-millionaire collecting friends.
:ALERT: Wonka Photoshop opportunity :ALERT:
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Yankeefan51;905315]
We have to go now, we have a meeting with several our mult-millionaire collecting friends. Have a good weekend.

Sigh..... Bruce, Bruce, Bruce
Old 07-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Shouldn't that be "several OF our MULTI-millionaire collecting friends"

Just my Big South education wondering.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Seth Y

Wouldn't someone who needs cash be trying to sell things rather than buy them?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Matt Hall

Rats... If only my G&B's weren't all 5's
Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default I call B.S. Bruce...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
4) During the course of this little exercise of rage and insults- five board members have privately written to us- saying that certain of you, are world class idiots. Four of those members offered us cool items for sale.
I am willing to quit this forum altogether if the five people who privately wrote you contact me directly. I will promise said individuals complete anoynimity in exchage for their validation of your claims. Unlike you, Bruce, I have integrity and I'm willing to put up or shut up.

For those five who contacted Bruce to show support for him, all I ask of you is to send me a PM that confirms you are a registered Board Member and you do indeed feel I, for one, am a world class idiot. The only reply you will receive is my appreciation for owning up to such sentiments...no reprisals public or private. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts and I will respect them as such. Bonus points if you share with me what "cool items" you've offered Bruce.

I will share with the board a running count of how many PMs I receive...after the 5th confirmed PM, I will sign off for good. However, I would encourage you all not to get to excited...I'll be surprised to receive 1 much less 5 responses to my challenge.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Barry Sloate

Matt is taking the true Pepsi challenge.

As Bruce's threads go this one is pretty bad, but it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon. Guess I'll pull up a chair.