NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM
AL

Default Baseball Hall-Of_Fame Autographs

I am thinking of obtaining Autographs of as many as I can afford, members of the Baseball Hall Of Fame. I would like your ideas on how you put your collection together and the items that you used. It is better to get all cards only? Or an autograph on anything, as long as you have an autograph of the ball player do just fine. I have about 30 autographs already on both cards and baseballs. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Charlie

I would say it totally depends on the individual collector, their budget and really, what makes them happy.
Personally, I have baseballs, cards, index cards...
Don't worry about what others have, collect what you like.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:00 PM
AL

Default Baseball Hall Of Fame Autograph

Thank you Charlie for your perspective. When i do start, I would probably start with the easy and cheaper autographs.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:13 PM
Rich Nelson

I have 72 HOF autographs and I have cards, 3x5's, 8x10's and baseballs. I prefer cards as they are easier to store. I have my baseballs in a box in my closet out of the sunlight and they still get discolored. Having cards or even 3x5's or 8x10's makes it easier to store them in a book where you can look at them easier. That being said it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. Best of luck on your collection!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:14 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Al,
There is no magic formula for this endeavor. It's all about what makes you happy.
Do you like a certain medium more than the others?
How much room do you have to store or display?
How quickly do you want to do it? Are you patient?
How much money do you have to spend?

The last question only really factors into the second question (with the exception of certain very rare signatures). Meaning if you want to do it quickly, you will likely need more money. The budget doesn't really affect what medium you get. If you prefer to get a Ruth SS ball you may have to save up longer to get the money for it, but if that is really what is going to make you happy, then why not?

Remember, it's not a race or a competition. Collect what you really enjoy and you'll likely never b disappointed with your collection, no matter how big or small it is.
Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 03-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Michael

I'd start with the deceased guys as in the long run the supply will be less on most of them and guys in that category will appreciate faster and be harder and more expensive to get later especially if you do cards. In the long run it might be better to get say a $100 signed card now like a Stengel than 3 very easy $30 cards.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrunner View Post
I am thinking of obtaining Autographs of as many as I can afford, members of the Baseball Hall Of Fame. I would like your ideas on how you put your collection together and the items that you used. It is better to get all cards only? Or an autograph on anything, as long as you have an autograph of the ball player do just fine. I have about 30 autographs already on both cards and baseballs. Thanks.
I started out with the 64 HOF Yellow Plaques already PSA/DNA (Burleigh Grimes was my first) and you can get many of these already authenticated for under $40, some as little as $15. I'm up to 146 and what is very cool about this set is that it grows every year. They just issue new post cards.