NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 09-06-2015, 06:28 AM
Scott Silvers

10,000+ and 108 bids wow! How many bidders were there?

As a player collector (maddux), I totally appreciate the amount of time that goes into finding all of the different runs and variations. While I have never bid anywhere close to that amount on one particular item of his, I have seen some stuff go for way beyond what I would have anticipated.

Your Canseco collection is amazing. If I come across something on your list I'll pm you on it.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priestc View Post
How do you find out about new cards of your player? Do you just browse ebay until you see something you don't have then add it to your checklist? I recently started player collecting Charlie Hough and thats pretty much been my strategy.
There are a few ways. For me, I check the beckett checklist, but there are SO many oddballs not shown. A few collectors also have a visual checklist that show some of the rarer stuff. I also do the same with ebay. I think I have the most complete Canseco checklist ... at least that I have seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra79 View Post
10,000+ and 108 bids wow! How many bidders were there?

As a player collector (maddux), I totally appreciate the amount of time that goes into finding all of the different runs and variations. While I have never bid anywhere close to that amount on one particular item of his, I have seen some stuff go for way beyond what I would have anticipated.

Your Canseco collection is amazing. If I come across something on your list I'll pm you on it.
Thank you very much! I think there were only a few bidders on vizquel. 2 guys mainly duking it out, I believe.

I got some more that came in. It has been an IMMACULATE kind of a week!
Old 09-08-2015, 09:13 PM

I had a pretty great mail day today! Here is what it consisted of:

First off, I was able to snag a few STAR variations that I didn't have before. Heck, I didn't even know they existed! Glossy blue promo, glossy purple set and matte platinum promo. I had the matte blue promo, matte purple set and glossy platinum promos already.

The star sets and promos are very intriguing to me because they only show up in the annual becketts ... and there are only 3 or so of the sets listed. In actuality, there are 20+ sets, not to mention countless promos and variations to chase that don't seem to appear anywhere. I *think* I'm closing in on having almost all of them. Anyway, here is the pic of them:

Next up, is a card that I have been waiting on for OVER A MONTH. When I found out my beckett cover was going to be made into a chase card at the national, which, once the first 200 people completed the set and brought them to the beckett booth, they would received a national exclusive autographed beckett card. I found out that they were going to be offering 30 copies of a card made from my favorite beckett ever ... the july '88 w/Canseco ... autographed!

I thought this was a pipe dream to get, and that many would not see ebay, but thankfully, the friday of the national, someone put it up! I quickly grabbed it. The problem? It was stuck in the USPS system for OVER A MONTH!!!

I called them a few times and lo and behold ... it came in today! The seller refunded me a few weeks ago saying he hoped that I would pay him back if it ever came in. I notified him today and told him to invoice me what he wanted. He told me to pay him $10 less than we agreed, but since it wasn't his fault, I just paid in full.

This card, in a sense, completes a journey for me and finishes a chapter up.

Here it is!

Last, but not least - a card I would gladly call my precious. I put in an offer to which was left sitting for a day and a half. I thought the dude thought I was lowballing him, and just basically decided to not even waste his time with me. Wellll ... as it turns out, he accepted, and ....

BAM!

I can't tell you how much I love this card. Panini did this card CORRECTLY. Nice holofoil and everything.

So anyway, that is my mailday! Please look over my list and let me know if there is anything you have that i may need!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:06 PM

2 days and no new Canseco cards yet :/ C'mon folks! Let me know what ya got!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:09 PM

First of all, THANK YOU to @rngrdanny22 for hooking me up with a FREE 1988 Topps rack pack showing Canseco/McGwire. You rock!

In the past 2 days, I've gotten 2 really great cards.

The first: 1997 SPX Grand Finale # to 50. This is impossible to find. Actually, it is the only one I've seen before of Canseco. If there is one thing I have learned, it is that cards #'ed to 50 from the 90's can sometimes be ridiculous to track down.

The next is one of my favorites! A 2014 A&G Double Rip Card of Canseco on one side and McGwire on the other. It is #'ed 2/5 and I thought I'd never get a chance to have one. I know where most all of the others are, and with 2 guys on the same card that are as highly sought after as Canseco & McGwire, I just thought it was hopeless.

Well, it came in!
Old 09-14-2015, 10:12 AM

Today, I mourn the loss of 3 great PC cards. No, I didn't spill milk on them, nor did I accidentally drop them in the toilet, admiring them while peeing.

After a week of going back and forth with a fellow Canseco super collector (Razor), I gave up 3 cards and cash in return for 6 cards. I will likely show them when they come in, but a fun little picture back & forth ensued that I thought I would share in the mean time.

In true James Bond fashion, he sent me pics to update how my package was sent out at around midnight last night.

Here is the package on the super cool motorcycle

Nice light up gauges

So blurry, he must be going, like, 200 mph!

Arrived at destination under the cover of night

One last look before "the pig is in the barn"

Mission accomplished

I figured I'd show off how his package made it on its way as well, just so I could match him.

After chowing down on the finest of vintage plateware from the "tickle me elmo" line, I packed and weighed the package.

Well, I had a lot to drink this morning...

Motorcyle? Nah. Minivan is how we do it here!

Rollin' slow style in the sub-div.

Must....resist....temptation....(I didn't get any at all!)

Picture of 50 year old woman's hand scanning the package (whom Razor thought was my hand.)

Looking forward to the incoming package, but sad I had to let go of some beauties! It was all for the "greater good" though, I guess

Last edited by mouschi; 09-14-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 PM

I've got a bit of a lag just from being busy over the past several days, so here is what I have for today to show:

The leaf is a /10, the Stadium club is a redemption /50 - this one is actually a bit tough to find with Jose's signature inside the specific box. I've seen him sign this /50 many times outside of the box!

The one in the middle is ... not him. LOL - at least, I don't think so. I think it might be a pic of his twin brother Ozzie. It was one of the 10 remaining cards of him that I need that was serial numbered over 100. The others that are left I suspect have a high # that are still left unopened in packs, and possibly (GASP!) stuck together.