NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Wow

Can I just say thanks to all those who responded? Honestly this is why this board is so great. There is information here that just isn't searchable particularly the primary sources with Rosen. I just love all the context and history buried in the members here. Also as an aside - I dabbled in vintage pack opening videos on YouTube - I paused after about 12 videos but the interest was definitely there with one of my videos topping 10 thousand views. Anyway in one of the videos I crack a psa graded Bowman 52(or 51 can't recall) Football penny pack. Card was a horror show bc of the gum stain but the condition was flawless otherwise. Anyway after i shot the vidoe the gum just stared me down and dared me to eat it - so I did. It dissolved immediately into some kind of paint removal chemical which I immediately spat out. So that's 65 year old gum - maybe an additional 2 or 3 years livens it back up? Anyway I'm assuming that's a record for oldest piece of gum chewed on the board - so please send me donations for my future hospital bills.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlenane View Post
...Anyway after i shot the vidoe the gum just stared me down and dared me to eat it - so I did. It dissolved immediately into some kind of paint removal chemical which I immediately spat out. So that's 65 year old gum - maybe an additional 2 or 3 years livens it back up? Anyway I'm assuming that's a record for oldest piece of gum chewed on the board - so please send me donations for my future hospital bills.
KEVIN - Since you TRIED a piece of 60 year old gum, I would be willing to let you take on this 100 year old Egyptian Straights Cork Tipped cigarette to try!!!

Please let me know if interested and I will ship this gorgeous "Lung Dart" your way for free!

(Sorry to be a "Smart Ass" as I don't even know you, but the offer stands!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cigs 041.jpg (77.0 KB, 685 views)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Anthøny N. ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
KEVIN - Since you TRIED a piece of 60 year old gum, I would be willing to let you take on this 100 year old Egyptian Straights Cork Tipped cigarette to try!!!

Please let me know if interested and I will ship this gorgeous "Lung Dart" your way for free!

Can't be any worse than some of the ratty weed we smoked in high school!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Bry@n

The box says "absolutely pure". What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post

Old 04-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Greg Z@y@tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
The box says "absolutely pure". What could go wrong?
I have one sitting in my Cigar Humidor for just the "RIGHT" occasion, but I don't know what that is...

Tobacco keeps & ages...I think...
Old 04-29-2017, 05:19 PM

That escalated rather quickly. Sitting at $25K +BP right now.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:40 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
That escalated rather quickly. Sitting at $25K +BP right now.
$47,000 now!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

What's the highest price paid for an unopened pack?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM

I will gladly smoke said 100 year old cigar - it should follow the 1954 gum quite nicely. I'm considering using some war-era Bond Bread as a pallet cleanser but I'll probably cut the crusts off before I do that. For those that are curious - here is the pack open resulting in what is surely a Guinness World record for the oldest gum chewed. I didn't masticate on camera but for clarity sake I took the largest fragment/shard you see in the pack and chewed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiW1rXdNfk
Old 05-01-2017, 02:49 PM

This thread inspired me to buy an unopened pack of 1951 Topps Red Backs. Only cost me $78 so I WILL be opening it. Not sure if I'll eat what's inside. I think it's caramel and not gum.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
This thread inspired me to buy an unopened pack of 1951 Topps Red Backs. Only cost me $78 so I WILL be opening it. Not sure if I'll eat what's inside. I think it's caramel and not gum.
If it's a Doubles pack it should only be just cards.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Greg Z@y@tz

Quote:
I will gladly smoke said 100 year old cigar
Hey Kevin:

PM me your address and I will send you a GENUINE 100+ year old Egyptian Straights cigarette!!!

FOR REAL!

Greg
Old 04-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Can I just say thanks to all those who responded? Honestly this is why this board is so great. There is information here that just isn't searchable particularly the primary sources with Rosen. I just love all the context and history buried in the members here. Also as an aside - I dabbled in vintage pack opening videos on YouTube - I paused after about 12 videos but the interest was definitely there with one of my videos topping 10 thousand views. Anyway in one of the videos I crack a psa graded Bowman 52(or 51 can't recall) Football penny pack. Card was a horror show bc of the gum stain but the condition was flawless otherwise. Anyway after i shot the vidoe the gum just stared me down and dared me to eat it - so I did. It dissolved immediately into some kind of paint removal chemical which I immediately spat out. So that's 65 year old gum - maybe an additional 2 or 3 years livens it back up? Anyway I'm assuming that's a record for oldest piece of gum chewed on the board - so please send me donations for my future hospital bills.
I openned 5 cent packs of 54 and 55 Bowman where all the cards were ruined by the gum. Other packs where it was just the top card. So, anything is possible with this one.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Somewhere around here I have a Colgan's tin that still has gum in it. That's ~108 years old now. I could smash your record if I was crazy enough.