NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-02-2020, 03:52 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Continuing on with Brooks minor league programs. After 1955 in York PA, he played part of two years for the San Antonio Missions in 1956/57, splitting time with the Orioles.

I just love those old minor league publications.

Here's a team photo of the 1957 San Antonio Missions. Unfortunately, no Brooks Robinson. It must have been taken while Brooks was up with the Orioles.
Alan,

Man, I LOVE the minor league programs your posting. How difficult are the '55 White Roses and the '56 and '57 Missions. I'd love to add examples of those particular programs one day. Also, do you know if there are different varieties of programs from these years or are they all like the examples pictured?

Do you also have a '59 Mounties or is that a dump question

I know I've seen a team picture "somewhere" with Brooks included on the Missions. I know I don't have one, but at least there is one out there.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Alan,

Man, I LOVE the minor league programs your posting. How difficult are the '55 White Roses and the '56 and '57 Missions. I'd love to add examples of those particular programs one day. Also, do you know if there are different varieties of programs from these years or are they all like the examples pictured?

Do you also have a '59 Mounties or is that a dump question

I know I've seen a team picture "somewhere" with Brooks included on the Missions. I know I don't have one, but at least there is one out there.
Mark,

I do have the 1959 Mounties program, which I'll save for tomorrow. There are actually three different colored covers.

The Mounties program will be the easiest to find, but the others do pop up every once in a while. They don't usually go for big bucks. I think most minor league stuff is overlooked by many collectors unless they're cards.

There are still a bunch of low level O's minor league affiliates that I'm finding impossible to find, but the hunt continues.

Brooks was probably pictured in the 1956 Missions team photo, but I don't have one in my collection
Old 01-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Duane Clark

Brooks auto on a full size bat. Bought for around $40.00.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.8 KB, 2628 views)
Old 01-03-2020, 01:57 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclarkraiders View Post
Brooks auto on a full size bat. Bought for around $40.00.
Duane,

That's a nice Brooks auto on that bat. The price was a bargain in my view. Thanks so much for posting the autographed bat.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:03 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson

Day 3 (January 3, 2020 – 003)

I posted the Brooks and Orioles thread in the Forum – Postwar Baseball Card Forum, but I know the majority of the items I’ll be posting will probably not be his regular issue Topps cards; I hope there’s no offence (if there is blame it on the other player collectors; I just followed suit ). When collecting cards I’m not especially condition sensitive. I guess I’ve gotten pickier over the years (who started the off-center thing; didn’t even notice when I was young), but I don’t need a perfect card. Maybe someone on the site will show some high grade Brooks Robinson cards (that would be NICE). Personally I like a nice visually appealing card, but since I started collecting I have only submitted three cards which were progressive proofs, though BVG, since the other three proofs I acquired beforehand were already in BVG holders and thought it would make for a nice display. Any other card that I have entombed were purchased this way; so, I’m not shooting it out within the PSA registry (even though I thought about it a few times).

Below are 1972 Topps Brooks Robinson KP proofs; three of the proofs were my only submission. I believe there’s a couple more color progression proofs that I don’t have, but most, as you can see, are not very exciting.

1972 Topps KP proofs.

Day 3 1.jpg
Day 3 2.jpg
Day 3 3.jpg