NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 11:15 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

It's not really a card or auction house issue, it is a basic customer service issue. AHs are a service business. The customer most definitely is not always right, but there are ways to deal with customers PROFESSIONALLY in these situations. There are right and wrong ways to approach it, and many (most?) in this business need to learn that. Drent gets a completely different response from Andy if his reply is: "I'm really sorry there is an issue, I will take a look at it when I get back to work Monday. In the meantime, could you email me a copy of the wire confirmation?" I find that sort of approach, asking for proof of the assertion while reserving judgment until later, weeds out the frauds without ticking off the legitimate customers with real issues. Andy wants his cards, Drent wants his customer base; they are not really at odds in their goals, they just had a bad interaction that could have been avoided.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-24-2022, 11:54 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
It's not really a card or auction house issue, it is a basic customer service issue. AHs are a service business. The customer most definitely is not always right, but there are ways to deal with customers PROFESSIONALLY in these situations. There are right and wrong ways to approach it, and many (most?) in this business need to learn that. Drent gets a completely different response from Andy if his reply is: "I'm really sorry there is an issue, I will take a look at it when I get back to work Monday. In the meantime, could you email me a copy of the wire confirmation?" I find that sort of approach, asking for proof of the assertion while reserving judgment until later, weeds out the frauds without ticking off the legitimate customers with real issues. Andy wants his cards, Drent wants his customer base; they are not really at odds in their goals, they just had a bad interaction that could have been avoided.
This is it....
Old 12-24-2022, 01:28 PM
Andy Geller

Bingo! On the contrary however, he was adversarial from the get go, as if I was trying to pull one over on him. It wasn’t until he started saying “Andy, I don’t know what to tell you…” that I remembered him from the previous year’s issue. He kept saying jt. “Andy, I don’t know what to tell you…we don’t have your money.” “Andy, I don’t know what to tell you, I’ve never received any of your emails”. It was the same wording from last year, “andy, I don’t know what to tell you, we mailed your cards”. Anyone that knows this guy likely can attest that this must be his go to phrase.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

If I were Brian, I would come on the board to tell his side of the story and if necessary, apologize for his behavior.
IMO Net 54 carries some weight in the hobby, and I don't believe he needs any adverse publicity.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:08 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Considering how many auction houses are guilty of or run by fraudsters and thieves (some convicted), I doubt bad publicity does much harm to an auction house. It's always forgotten and ignored by the next auction.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:27 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Considering how many auction houses are guilty of or run by fraudsters and thieves (some convicted), I doubt bad publicity does much harm to an auction house. It's always forgotten and ignored by the next auction.
Sadly, this is the truest statement in the entire thread.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:36 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Accurate
Old 12-25-2022, 10:00 AM
Andy Geller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
If I were Brian, I would come on the board to tell his side of the story and if necessary, apologize for his behavior.
IMO Net 54 carries some weight in the hobby, and I don't believe he needs any adverse publicity.
I doubt he even cares. Based on a lot of feedback I’ve received, this is his MO. Fortunately there are many AH’s around and I use them all.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Perfect. Why is this so hard for some people?
Closed Thread